IGNORED

New Rider Killed

BigG

It's a shame you cannot fix stupid! But I guess when I was 25 I thought I was 10' tall an bullet proof too. But by the grace of God I made it past it.

Drinking and driving X100 don't mix on a scoot.

Edited by wes0778

Guest seuadr

i know that drinking was a factor, but in a way, i wish that the united states had a process similar to the Uk, where you have to work your way up in cc's.

it's a shame.

Edited by seuadr

In this case more laws would not have made a difference. The kid took off on a motorcycle that he did not have permission to take. Motorcycle theft is against the law. He had been drinking and was probably DUI, again against the law. May or may not have been even licensed to drive a motorcycle, if not, again against the law.

I regret that the young man lost his life through poor choices of his own making. All too often, though, in my opinion, here in the states we tend to want to write more laws to try and correct behaviour that is already regulated by other laws.

For example, there is some serious construction on I85 south of Atlanta. The speed limit in the work area was 60mph. Rush hour traffic regularly exceeded that speed. Recently there have been several crashes in the area. So the corrective action being taken is to lower the speed limit that was already being ignored.

Guest tx2sturgis

Yall are ALL reading that story wrong.

As motorcyclists, we are obligated to point out that the primary cause of this fatality accident was indeed...the solid wall in the house that the man was simply trying to pass thru.

This was CLEARLY a case of a bedroom wall constructed and installed improperly. I think the homeowner, the home builder, and maybe the window manufacturer are at fault on this one.

Whenever someone dies on a bike, there is a tendency of non-riders to blame the BIKE. Maybe we should find blame in other places...

(Isnt this the American Way? that is, blame someone ELSE for the stupid s**t WE do? Especially if they have deep pockets.)

And by the way, the thread title should have been, "NON-rider Killed"

:whistling:

Yall are ALL reading that story wrong.

As motorcyclists, we are obligated to point out that the primary cause of this fatality accident was indeed...the solid wall in the house that the man was simply trying to pass thru.

This was CLEARLY a case of a bedroom wall constructed and installed improperly. I think the homeowner, the home builder, and maybe the window manufacturer are at fault on this one.

Whenever someone dies on a bike, there is a tendency of non-riders to blame the BIKE. Maybe we should find blame in other places...

(Isnt this the American Way? that is, blame someone ELSE for the stupid s**t WE do? Especially if they have deep pockets.)

And by the way, the thread title should have been, "NON-rider Killed"

:whistling:

Amen!!!

Here, sadly enough, is another example of the bike being blamed for crashing into a truck that turned into the rider's path. I hope it is readable...