IGNORED

Wire for MP3 player

Sorry guys I tried the search first but it didn't come up with anything. Where can I get a wire to go from my Ipod to the bike?

besides where, what would I be looking for?

Radio Shack has a 6 ft stereo cable with 1/8" jacks on each end. One goes in the ipod, the other in the Aux port in your tape deck. Turn on the Aux to hear it.

Sorry guys I tried the search first but it didn't come up with anything. Where can I get a wire to go from my Ipod to the bike?

Assuming it's for the RSV, Radio Shack or any other electronics area of a store. You're looking for a cable with headphone jack plugs on both ends of it (male). Plug into headphone and plug into aux connection on bike.

Al,

If your riding a RSV you can get a plug that matches the headphone plug at Radio Shack, you will need a cable with two male ends. Plug into the jack in the cassette door "or" split the fairing and get a "Y" connector with a male and 2 female ends and run your new cable out near the tank or where you mount your MP3 player.

Gary

Thanks very much guys. Yeah I'm riding a RSV, guess I should have added that. I'll be headed to Radio Shack today. Any real advantage to splitting the fairing instead of just plugging it in next to the cassette? Besides placement of the wire.

Any real advantage to splitting the fairing instead of just plugging it in next to the cassette? Besides placement of the wire.

Having a second Aux input. If you've to a GPS that isn't MP3 capable you can run an MP3 into the cassette compartment connector and the other to your GPS so it will pipe directions through the system.

I used squidley's instructions for splitting the fairing and wiring in a splitter for the AUX jack last night. Worked out with no problems at all. It's posted here (w/pictures):

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3905

I also replaced the stock H4 headlight bulb with a Sylvania SilverStar 9300 bulb -- much brighter! And I took Freebird's advice and popped open the large wiring harness connectors and applied diaelectric grease to keep them clean & moisture-free (a little preventative maintenance here).

Thanks very much guys. Yeah I'm riding a RSV, guess I should have added that. I'll be headed to Radio Shack today. Any real advantage to splitting the fairing instead of just plugging it in next to the cassette? Besides placement of the wire.

For me the 1st advantage is not having to keep the cassette door open.

I also setup the trunk for the MP3 since I figure I wouldn't be able to work the little buttons on mine while riding anyway. Along with a splitter I got a long headphone jack extender. It was a bit of work having to remove the tank, seats and panel on the front of the trunk but works great for me.

Jerry

I split the fairing and ran the cable up my handlebars and mounted my ipod like this...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13469

Hope this helps!