IGNORED

J&M Headset Purchase

Guest JGorom

Guest JGorom

Well after years of peace and quiet riding two up...the wife and I finally decided to break the silence and invest in some headsets.

We choose the J&M 257 unit and purchased the same from WingStuff.com along with the additional cord that will fit our Wing and Venture.

Has anyone here purchased the J&M 257? If so, we would love to hear your comments...the reviews we read at J&M were rather favorable.

At the meet & eat on Saturday, old hippy and his wife said they had to send both pairs they bought to J&M. Not sure if they were the exact model you're getting, but they did say the J&M ones from Wingstuff. I guess both of them broke on the way to and from Don's maintenance day in Ohio. Hopefully they'll chime in and let you know.

Until then, most of what I'd heard was favorable as well.

Well after years of peace and quite riding two up...the wife and I finally decided to break the silence and invest in some headsets.

We choose the J&M 257 unit and purchased the same from WingStuff.com along with the additional cord that will fit our Wing and Venture.

Has anyone here purchased the J&M 257? If so, we would love to hear your comments...the reviews we read at J&M were rather favorable.

I have been using a set of these for a year now, with no problems at all.

Lisa and I tried a couple of headsets and decided on the J&M. The boom on the J&M is more heavy than others we tried. They don't move around like thinner booms. The sound for the intercom was good and very little wind noise with the large wind sock on the interstate. When we first listened to music with the headset I found it horrible. It was tinny. I adjusted the treble way down and added more bass and the sound improved a great deal. I would purchase another J&M headset in a minute over any other headset we tried.

Steve

We got the new ones after we got back from Iowa meet and eat. They sent us two new sets. Haven't had a chance to put them on yet, didn't get home until late last nite. We do not have that model. J & M apologized for the problems and inconvenience. We'll see how these do. Good Luck.

See this comparison writeup I did in April:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8973

In short, the mid-priced J&M headsets with 2xx model numbers sound TERRIBLE compared to either the low-end cheapies or their 5xx series premium headsets. One caution, however, is that the low-end J&M headsets I bought three years ago may not be the same as the low-end ones they are selling now. My original under $100 set has the same mini mic as the mid and high-level J&M headsets do now.

Since you already have the 257s, the cheapest way to improve the sound might be to find the "edset" speakers I mentioned in the other thread and just replace those in your helmet. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

I bought two sets at the Americade this year and we really love them. At first, I made the mistake of installing the small windsock and we were getting way too much noise from the elements. Went to the large windsock and most of the noises disappeared. The mikes are super sensitive.

Brian

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/briantheriault01/SoapBoxBike039.jpg?t=1186433824