IGNORED

Neoprene face masks

mraf

Does anyone have any of those neoprene face masks. The full face ones. How are they for comfort, do they move around on your face, are they warm, do they limit your visibility, do they cause your glasses to fog?

Does anyone have any of those neoprene face masks. The full face ones. How are they for comfort, do they move around on your face, are they warm, do they limit your visibility, do they cause your glasses to fog?

yes i have 1 , not very , no , very , no, yes .

now after giving rude answers , i,ll be nice , the one i have is very tight and at 35 f at 60 mph the only thing warm was my face . i found my nose has to in the nose pease just rite so it dos not fog my glasses . i have only worn it for short rides and was very glad to get it off but i was also glad i had it .

Thom

The neoprene face masks work great, ive never used them while riding my bike but riding my yamaha sled. I have used a few over the years and there is some that have a extra piece sewn on around your nose and mouth to direct your breath away from your glasses and facemask that I would recommend you look for. Sorry I dont have a brand name or a website.

Brian

yes i have 1 , not very , no , very , no, yes .

now after giving rude answers , i,ll be nice , the one i have is very tight and at 35 f at 60 mph the only thing warm was my face . i found my nose has to in the nose pease just rite so it dos not fog my glasses . i have only worn it for short rides and was very glad to get it off but i was also glad i had it .

Thom

You need a larger size.

I have used them in the past as well. I ride all year long only with a half helmet even in these Upstae NY winters. I felt that the mask worked well, but it did fog the glasses. I also found it to be a bit uncomfortable during longer trips as your face warms up, or the moisture from breathing dampens the mask. Once that happens you get all wet and the mask can start to smell. Little gross. But, it does keep you warm. Since I kind of enjoy the cooler temp, I started wearing Schampa full face masks. They are thinner, leave a nice opening for your eyes and glasses, yet still allow air movement while you are riding. I find that this mask actually provides more coverage in the neck area, and I can easily move it around if need be while riding. One other bonus I find too is that since they are a full head mask, my ears and head stay warm and since the material is thin you can still hear great.

Not to mention, the ones I use have the skull face printed on them, and all the kids in the cars get a kick out of it...... :stickinouttounge:

Here is the one Ive use, i like it as the straps behind adjust it how you want, you dont have any extra bulk in the helmet, and the front nose piece directs all your breath away from you so you dont get wet against your skin and you usually dont fog. ( nothing will ever keep you 100% fog free in cold weather though). I like the fact this is a vinyl covering so the wind and moisture doesnt go thru.....and.....its cheap!!

But for this price be prepared to replace one a year as the vinyl cracks in cold when it gets old.

http://www.imsplus.com/gi-issue-extreme-cold-weather-face-mask-green-vinyl.html

Brian

I have tried one but it just didn't feel right. Never felt like it fit my face. (Yeah, you're probably right. It must be my odd face. LoL) I ended getting a leather face mask with a bib that fits under the jacket. That, and an ear wrap, and I was comfortable at 29 degrees.

Here's a link to the mask.

The ear wrap was a felt type material from WallyWorld but here is the same thing in leather.

Here is the one Ive use, i like it as the straps behind adjust it how you want, you dont have any extra bulk in the helmet, and the front nose piece directs all your breath away from you so you dont get wet against your skin and you usually dont fog. ( nothing will ever keep you 100% fog free in cold weather though). I like the fact this is a vinyl covering so the wind and moisture doesnt go thru.....and.....its cheap!!

But for this price be prepared to replace one a year as the vinyl cracks in cold when it gets old.

http://www.imsplus.com/gi-issue-extreme-cold-weather-face-mask-green-vinyl.html

Brian

I like that... now if I could get it in leather... :happy34: