IGNORED

Observation on a CT vs a MT

tsigwing

Just changed over the rear of my 05 RSTD to a BFG, but my question/observation. In the 4 years I have had this bike, I have had 4 flats due to nails, all in the rear tire. In the same time, none of my cages has had a single one. Coincidence?

Funny, since I moved to Washington, in 1984, I have had NO Nails in my Rear Tires.

But back in Minnesota, I picked up several.

Not sure if that means anything though. However I do put Ride-ON in all my Bike tires now that its avialable.

Had a small stone puncture a Front Avon on the 89, the ride-on worked.

Funny, since I moved to Washington, in 1984, I have had NO Nails in my Rear Tires.

But back in Minnesota, I picked up several.

I figure this means People have too much Nails in Minnesota and no loose Bolts in Washington ??

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Stay out of the right lane and on of the left side of the right lane on 2 lanes and you will have fewer flats. I have had none in 15 years on touring bikes. (I know its partly just luck too.)

I rode with a group (once) and the dumb group leader kept riding in the right lane so people could keep up or catch up. He would actually ride next to the curb. Drove me nuts. Buncha cry-babies anyway, sure enough, one of em had a flat and we wasted the day.

Stopped riding with them.