The digital display that is. No speedometer,No Odometer, No fuel guage. We took the 99 for a test run today. Fully loaded trailer, mamamo and everything. A test run before leaving next week. All displays were working fine until we pulled into Walmart for two hours. Left the scoot outside the thermometer said 100 degrees. Is it possible the heat may have cooked something or a coincidence? I'm splitting the fairing tomorrow to check on the audio problems. Maybe I'll find a connection or digital display fuse blown or something. If this second gen trouble keeps up I may bring one of my faithful first gens to Vogel.:smash2::smash2::smash2:

Frog Man,

The fuse for that is behind the left (as you sit on the bike) side panel. You might check the connections to your tail lights and or hitch connector as I had the same thing happen because the hitch connector on mine shorted out and I lost the same things when I hit the brakes one day coming home from work.

In case you didn't know. On the side panels remove the rear screw and pull the panel out. The front 2 screws are fakes.

Gerald,

Was everything dead when you turned the bike on? If so, I'd probably be suspect of the ignition switch. Turn it slowly from off to on and watch for the dash to come on. This happened on a friends 2000 when we were out in Big Bend and he was able to find a spot in the ignition where the bike came on and would start.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Gerald,

I'd still mess with the ignition key to see any effect. There have been a few times on my 2002 that I have lost the instruments, where turning off the ignition switch and back on brings everything back to life. After flooding the ignition switch with contact cleaner it's been fine.

I can't see a single fuse in the shop manual just for the instruments other than maybe the electric clock that is part of the fuel gauge. Other than this, I would check the main connection going into the back of the instrument cluster and re-seat it.

Good luck,

Rick

Good grief! I read this post the other day and today it happened to me. I have an 04. Road it to work this morning and all was fine. Got on it to go to another company and going down the road I had no speedometer or gas gauge. I couldn't remember how much gas I had so I pulled into a station and filled up and then turned the key on and I had everything back.

What timing to read this post just the other day. Now I now!:cool10:

Hmmmmm. I wonder if it is heat related. Has anyone noticed it happening during cool weather?

Today really wasn't that hot here in Lake Orion. I think it only was 77 deg. when it happened today. That was the first time and it has been a whole lot hotter than that.:225: