IGNORED

Adjustable upper wind deflectors

While in Madill Oklahoma @ a gas stop on our way up to OKC a gentleman came up to me and was telling me about Yamaha having adjustable upper wind deflectors. They replace the clear plastic fixed deflectors attached to the bottom of the fairing on both sides. He said there in the new accessory catalog. I got on line and looked and did not see anything. Has anyone heard of these???

Only ones I heard of are the ones that go on the lower leg fairings (or whatever they're called).

I'd be interested to hear about these others ones if they exist. Maybe they'll keep my knees from getting soaked in the rain. :)

I already have the lower wind deflectors installed. This guy was very specific it was a replacement for the fixed clear deflectors attached to the bottom side of the fairing. I'm going to call a buddy saleman of mine at Central Yamaha and see if he knows anything about it.

Are these the ones you guys are looking for, they are the only other deflectors I know of. I've been looking at getting a set for my RSTD. Don't really like the looks but the fuction really well. My dad has a set on his Valkyrie.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/yamaha.htm

I have a set of the Bakers. They are not very pretty, but are very functional and only take a couple of minutes to put on and take off. I put mine on when the weather gets above 85 degrees and man its a big improvement. I take them off when it cools in the fall.

I once took a long two-day ride in December and put them on and it was very nice then too!

Edited by 1sttenor
spelling

Are you sure he was talking about Yamaha motorcyles???? The '08 or '09 H-D Ultra Classic has them from the factory and can be back fit into some older H-D bikes....

I would LOVE to have adjustable upper wind deflectors. these are the clear ones on the bottom of hte fairing.

Kuryakyn makes Dragon Wing Variable Air Deflectors for some bikes. I contacted them and there is no plan to make them for the 2nd Gen RSV........