IGNORED

Installing headsets

uechi kid

I have a Shoei RF1000 full face helmet that I want to install the J&M 279ff headsets into. My problem is how to install the mic. The front liner doen't look like it comes out. Anyone ever install a headset in this helmet? Thanks for any help.

I've only put headsets in HJC and AFX helmets. The front liner on those isn't designed to come out either. Turns out it's held in by double sided tape and contact cement. I bet the Shoei is similar.

Something I learned when I did my wife's helmet: You want to make sure the mic is as high in the chin bar as practical. I got hers a bit low and it tends to pick up wind noise, especially if there is a cross wind.

And centered too, left to right. I also found out that putting it too low is a wind noise culprit.

We're using the J&M. The instructions for those call for them to be to the side. I believe that is to keep from getting wind from your mouth. On mine it's right at the corner of my mouth and it really works great.

RF1000 helmets are one of the more difficult to install the head set and mic,, Because of that, and how much they cost, I sent mine off to J&M and let them do it. Not cheap, but if they screw it up, they replace the helmet.

Here are pics of how it looks installed by them.

RF1000 helmets are one of the more difficult to install the head set and mic,, Because of that, and how much they cost, I sent mine off to J&M and let them do it. Not cheap, but if they screw it up, they replace the helmet.

Here are pics of how it looks installed by them.

So which headsets did you get and how do you like the?