IGNORED

Wanted: Thin steel brake rotors

GG54172

I am working on a "science project" in my garage this summer. I need two matching steel brake rotors from a motorcycle. Larger diameter would certainly be better. My only requirement is that rotors must be of some material where a magnet will stick to it.

Used and abused is fine. Cheaper is better. If someone has a couple of scrap rotors in their garage, I'd like to make an offer.

If you must know, I am trying to make a small scale eddy current dynamometer. I want to compare the "performance" of thin motorcycle rotors to the ford mustang rotors I am currently using.

I am working on a "science project" in my garage this summer. I need two matching steel brake rotors from a motorcycle. Larger diameter would certainly be better. My only requirement is that rotors must be of some material where a magnet will stick to it.

Used and abused is fine. Cheaper is better. If someone has a couple of scrap rotors in their garage, I'd like to make an offer.

If you must know, I am trying to make a small scale eddy current dynamometer. I want to compare the "performance" of thin motorcycle rotors to the ford mustang rotors I am currently using.

just a little info that may make your dyno more efficient. most motorcycle rotors are made from 400 series stainless steel it is somewhat magnetic because it is it an alloy of steel designed not to rust. some bike rotors are 300 series stainless and not magnetic at all like a kitchen sink. a motorcycle rotor may not give you the drag you are looking for. the ford rotors are cast iron and very magnetic. so before you put money out you may want to consider this factor. bill :2133: