IGNORED

Banff Hotels/Motels?

Iowawegian

I'm sorry, but I cant remember which hotel it was we stayed in a couple years ago on a spring ski trip. But you can almost take it to the bank that most are good, some are top of the line. You will pay at least 100 bucks a night. Check the site I posted in the other thread that links you to Banff (city) it should have an area for accomadations.

Giving up on camping are ya? lol.

All Banff area hotels/motels are booked solid thru 2012 ... for alternate accommodations, see the listings for campgrounds.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have looked at the Banff website....just didn't know if any members had a favorite place they had stayed. Hate to spend a $100.00 just to sleep but I'm not going to try and sleep in our little 2 man tent with my eyes wide open all night waiting to be some bears next meal.

A girls gotta get her beauty sleep ya know!

All Banff area hotels/motels are booked solid thru 2012 ... for alternate accommodations, see the listings for campgrounds.

:sign just kidding:

seriously ... I doubt very much you'll have problems with Bears if you camp in Banff.

Bears scare me too but I'd not hesitate to camp there ... I'd be more concerned about waking up to freezing temps and snow ... yes, even in summer LOL

:sign just kidding:

seriously ... I doubt very much you'll have problems with Bears if you camp in Banff.

Bears scare me too but I'd not hesitate to camp there ... I'd be more concerned about waking up to freezing temps and snow ... yes, even in summer LOL

Me too, I would camp again. It was miserable when we were there...unexpectantly so, rained nearly everyday and then woke up to snow one day. We were in a tent. still...there is nothing like poking your head out the door and seeing the beauty of the place.

I've been through and to Banff many times on day stops.....it is a great city to stroll around in. The weather is usually not that bad. We just got unlucky that time.

BTW...I have never seen a grizzly in the wild. Even got up early to ride to Lake Louise on the old highway....still didnt see one.

Why? is something going on? I had no trouble getting a place in Banff last summer. Jasper was a little tough. I had to spend one night at Sunwapta Falls...not a bad place.

Well, it's not Banff but this looks like a beautiful place to stay. I was just swapping emails with Mark, the owner, last night. He is offering VentureRiders a 10% discount off their posted rates. I would love to spend a week...or month...or so....here.

http://www.canadiancountrycabins.com/

I'll be adding them to the "Vendors who offer us Discounts" section later today.

Why? is something going on? I had no trouble getting a place in Banff last summer. Jasper was a little tough. I had to spend one night at Sunwapta Falls...not a bad place.

SilvrT was just teasing as I had posted a different thread about camping. Gave up the camping idea as I'm not fond of bears.

Well, it's not Banff but this looks like a beautiful place to stay. I was just swapping emails with Mark, the owner, last night. He is offering VentureRiders a 10% discount off their posted rates. I would love to spend a week...or month...or so....here.

I'll be adding them to the "Vendors who offer us Discounts" section later today.

Thanks Freebird, but it's too far west for us. It's going to take us 3 days of riding just to get over and up to Banff. Appreciate the info though!

Looks somewhat similar to this place ---> http://www.glacierhouse.com/

I know the folks who own this resort..I did a lot of computer work for them years ago and was onsite during the building of the place. I'll see if I can get a deal for us there as they are very "motorcycle-friendly" seeing as they used to run a motorcycle tour and rental operation and the guy used to be heavilly involved in off-road and dirt bike racing in europe years ago.

Banff has some outstanding hotels, world class. We live 1 hour away and spend a lot of time in Banff area. How much are you wanting to spend per night?

Some might call me cheap...but I prefer to call myself frugal!! Hoping to keep it under $100.00 if possible!