Well, I am making more progress on my 84 standard. I have actually repaired the left upper fairing and placed it back on the bike. Just doing this took two tubes of that really nasty smelling epoxy that melts the plastic then cures. I am not sure of the structural integrity of it, but it seems to be solid feeling. I put the dash panel on with the bucket in it, and haven't put the lid on, since it doesn't have a hinge flap anymore. I am keeping my eye on ebay for these beasts.

The right upper is going to take lots more work. Probably lots of fiberglass and nasty epoxy. There is enough realestate missing from it that I may have to get creative with some bondo. Right now, I really can't afford a new(er) one, since the good ones seem to be going for approximately $200 on ebay. SO EVERYONE STOP BIDDING AGAINST ME!!! :hihi::stirthepot:

After that I think I can get the rest of the panels back on. Then its off to the paint shop. I think I will leave it to a professional with some good equipment, since it will take me 47 years to rattle can it. I did the false tank, and it turned out very nice, but all the sanding and buffing took about 20 hours.

There are some small cracks in the luggage to fix, then I can paint them as well. I think I may use some of that "trunk paint" on the inside, since I have no idea what they used to look like. Right now they look like they were used to haul mud.

Things left to do otherwise:

Track down leak in or around the gas tank.

Find a bolt to hang the right muffler back up. Looks to be a special kind of bolt with a washer made in.

Get some nice comfy grips. I like the Kuryakyns i have on my XS, but you don't see them for $30 just every day.

New air filter.

wire in a stereo.

100 mile per hour test.

1000 miles test.

I am sure there is more, but I am weary, its been a long day.

One last thing. I really want to thank all who have given and sold me parts, and all those that have given good advice. Some day I hope to return the favors, or at least pay it forward.

Couple pics. Messy garage and half done venture.

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/ivanstein/Venture/IMAGE_045.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/ivanstein/Venture/IMAGE_046.jpg