IGNORED

tire pressure 1st generation

mikexup

What kind of tire pressure are people running on your 1st generations? My bike has the Elite III's, don't have the manual.

I think every manufacturer has different recommendations so I would check the tire sidewall or check Dunlops website and look up the Elite III specs. The Elite III isnt stock on the bike so you cant follow yamaha'a recommendations totally.

Brian

Sidewall is maximum pressure.

According to the Avon rep, premium tires are made to operate at a higher pressures. So when the tire manufacturer has a recommendation for your application that pressure takes precedence over the OEM pressure.

Where the tire manufacturer doesn't have a recommendation you go with the OEM presdures.

The Yamaha book says 32/32 (front/rear) up to 198 lb load, 32/40 above 198 lbs, 32/32 for high speed (what ever that means).

I have ME880s. Metzeler recommends 36/44 so that's what I run.

Dunlop recommends 36/40 for Elite IIIs on a 1st gen.

Edited by MiCarl

Sidewall is maximum pressure.

According to the Avon rep, premium tires are made to operate at a higher pressures. So when the tire manufacturer has a recommendation for your application that pressure takes precedence over the OEM pressure.

Where the tire manufacturer doesn't have a recommendation you go with the OEM presdures.

The Yamaha book says 32/32 (front/rear) up to 198 lb load, 32/40 above 198 lbs, 32/32 for high speed (what ever that means).

I have ME880s. Metzeler recommends 36/44 so that's what I run.

Dunlop recommends 36/40 for Elite IIIs on a 1st gen.

I run max air on my Avons.