IGNORED

Mounted Wheelchair on RSV

Hi: :whistling: This is not an actual wheelchair, but a "transport chair" purchased from SEARS. Folds up better and smaller than a wheelchair, and is very light. Four 8" wheels.

I made brackets with square tube and attached on each side under the antenna mounts. Drilled the holes one size larger and put in longer bolts with lock nuts. I then shaped "arms" to hold the chair on, from a chrome chair, the ones you see in community halls that are stackable. The diamenter was just right. These arms simply slide into the square tube and fast with a bolt held in with a cotter pin. Bungee cords hold the foot rests, which are detachable. Seemed the easiest solution. All in all it works well. I can take the whole unit, arms and chair, off in about 1 minute without having to take chair off the arms. Also attached a set of LEDs on the bottom of the chair and set them up to be running lights and brake lights, same as the light under the trunk. Just a little extra safety.

Any questions, shoot me a private e-mail: :080402gudl_prv:

Attached Thumbnails:

Very Nice Job, Arnold! My hat's off to you!

But I guess I gotta be politically incorrect and ask: Why the wheelchair? I've seen wheelchairs on trikes, and even one bike with a sidecar that was for a wheelchair with the handlebars and controls in front of the wheelchair, but never on a two wheeler.

No worries anyone. It is just "life" as we see it. My wife has had M.S. since 1981. Mobility has gotten to the point that if we stop to visit, say a museum, waterfall, she misses out as she can't walk very far. Even when she walks, she uses two canes!! By the way, they are also mounted on the bike, but are the retracting type and very hard to notice??? Anyway, it just makes things a lot easier for her, and she is determined to ride. She told me, as long as I can lift her onto the bike (which I don't have to do yet), she will be riding with me. God bless her. :cool10: