IGNORED

My (Her) Not So Little Pony

utadventure

After looking at bikes for 8 months and with the warm weather threatening to come, it was time to replace Jan's bike. We looked at Kawasaki Vulcans, Yamaha V-Stars, Suzuki Boulevards, Honda Shadows. Even Bob Myer was helping us in the search. We looked for both new and used but Jan never found the bike she liked until....

On January 28th, we took our son to the MTC to start his mission. After we had said our good-bye's, Jan wasn't in the mood to just go home so I suggested that we stop in at the Lindon Harley-Davidson dealership. The dealership was built using much of it materials from the old Geneva Steel plant that was demolished across the street from their new facility. It is ready pretty neat looking to see all of the old wood, trusses and sheet metal and how it was incorporated in to the new building. While we were there we also looked at a number of the bikes and soon she came to the Sportster. Lance, whom we were chatting with as we looked, suggested that she sit on one (not what you normally want to do in a skirt). That was it! She loved the weight, height and especially and narrow profile of the engine and fuel tank.

So, last Saturday, we went back to Timpanogos Harley and purchased a gently used 2008 Harley Sportster Custom. Can you see the smile in the pics?

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/utadventure/IMG_0024.jpg

The bike is 1200 cc, V-Twin, fuel injected, belt driven. It also has a custom paint color that changes depending on the light, windscreen and sissy bar (on order). We plan on adding a JMCB-2300 CB radio so that we can communicate on trips. She says that she doubts she be on the back of my bike much any more.

When we left the dealership, we got on the freeway to go home, Jan on the bike and me in the car. After we got on the on ramp, I looked up to see tail lights at the top of the ramp and me at the bottom. I don't think she'll have any problems keeping up.

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/utadventure/IMG_0022-1.jpg