IGNORED

Something wrong with radio!

I have a '99 RSV and have had no problems with it for the 3 months that I have owned it. However, recently when I am out riding and am running the bike under load (climbing a hill or accelerating from a dead stop) the speakers cut out. It only does this under load. I thought it might be the MP3 jack because that is what I am usually listening to but it does it whether I am listening to the radio or a CD as well. I am leaving this Sunday on a trip and would like it fixed before then. As far as I know there have not been any aftermarket mods done to the stereo. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated.:confused24:

I've seen other posts that state that it is an issue with the connector from the controller that is located under the fairing. You'll need to open the fairing up, open the connector, apply some dialectric grease on it and plug it back together.

Should be good to go after that.

Cheers,

Leonard

Do you have a Utopia back rest on it? If so it could be pinching the wires underneath it and causing them to separate at the connectors under the passengers seat. Since it only happens under accelerating conditions you would naturally be pushed back into the backrest. Even if you don't have a back rest I would check the connectors under the passengers seat first.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Wayne