IGNORED

5.99% for 72 months

FROG MAN

When I went looking for my new bike last year, my dealer was advertising a 4.99% rate for 48 mths. Well I figured that was a pretty good deal even though I was more than likely going to pay cash for it, so filled out the paperwork and waited a couple of days and didnt hear anything, so I called them to inquire, well I do believe I have pretty good credit, never filed for bankruptcy, never late on my bills, paid many off way before they were due, always made at least doulbe required min. payment , guess what, the best they could do was 14.99%. We went round and round and they wouldnt drop it at all............got a copy of my report from the declining company and nothing, nada , negative on it.........my credit score was around 790 and they said it had to be over 800 for their low rate.........I told them they could shove their rate where the sun dont shine........Now this was Yamaha financing not the dealer, so I asked the dealer how many have they done at 4.99 and he said he couldnt tell me, that was priveledged info..... so that tells me not many if any........so I paid cash..........which was sort of my plan all along, but I was curious to see if i would qualify..............

But I got my bike and saved all that interest...........which surprised the sales person, he thought I was going to back out of the sale because of that.......but at the price they offered me on the bike, they thought they could recoup their loss with that high interest rate..............NOT.

SO beware of interest rates that sound too good to be true..........I will never ever finance a vehicle or bike ever again.........NEVER!!!!

Not a bad rate for those looking to buy.Yamaha financing available at 5.99% for 72 on a new RSV with approved credit.Anybody looking thats not a bad rate on top of your best deal.

I guess times have changed.The last time I used Yamaha I got their low rate for 60 months on our ATV's. I also qualified for GM's 0% deal on a new pickup but turned it down over a $500 difference in price. No plans to finance anything in the future except maybe a new house.

I got yamaha credit on mine last year when I got mine and my credit score wasnt 790, I wish it was but just getting a divorce and her messing it up til it was final I still was able to get it for 6.9 for 72 months. But that was middle of last year and alot of things have changed in the economy I guess.

It helps to have a credit history with Yamaha. A good credit score is important but not the only thing banks look at. Having a history of debt management using unsecured credit is helpful. I had a bank last year accuse me of paying cash before 1992 as they could not research my history back any further.Many prefer to pay cash and that is fine but if you ever need a loan it helps to have a long credit history.Nobody likes to make payments but sometimes having a low interest loan is better then none at all.Especially if your money is not just laying around but invested and making you more interest then your loan.

I have used Yamaha Credit many times. I have purchased many dirt bikes over the years and would put them on the Yamaha card for a month or two then pay it off...liked to do that 6 months 0% thing. They lost the title to a YZ250 2 stroke once...pissed me off. I had to jump through hoops to get that all resolved. I guess one out of 12 is not too too bad but I swore I was never gonna use Yamaha credit again...but I did.

I put my new 07 RSMV last Sept on the Yamaha card...I did the 24 month thing, I forget what interest rate was but it was pretty good. I was suppose to make a minimum payment of $139 and was gonna do that till I could scrap up enough to pay it off. One bill came in and the text was not real clear...I was not paying attention and it looked like minimum payment was $130... Sent them a check for what I thought was the minimum payment of $130. Next bill I got had a late fee of $38 with interest and the interest rate had jumped to 12.99%. :confused07: I called them but they did not want to hear it...too bad for me.

I sent them a check for the full balance...Heck with that. Now waiting to see if they lost my title.

My fault but lessons learned for everybody.

In '06 , my dealer told me that he had seen only one other customer get the GE good interest rate until I bought mine . I guess I am now the 2nd customer of his to get it .

He also told me , I was the first customer he has ever seen to get the GAP insurance as well .

BEER30

Guest jet man

I recently refinanced my midnight royal star for 120 months @ 6.99% through my credit union. It dropped my rate from the yamaha online bill pay by a significant amount. I could have gone to 5.99% but it was for 72 months and the payment 75 dollars more a month. I still will have her paid for before 10 years is up, but it was nice to have a lower payment for a short time while I pay other things off first. :superman:

I got lucky guy's, My wife is employed by Yamaha and with her discount i bought a brand new 07 RSV for 10.5 plush shiping and dealer assembly ride it out the door fo 13.

I borrowed the money from my fidelity net benifits and paying it back to my account.

Thats the way to go, borrow from yourself and pay it back to yourself.

I hope this summer we can get one of those big wave-runners for some lake fun.:178: