IGNORED

Wizard accent lights

Bluesman

Thinking of dressing up my ride a bit more and came across the Wizard 7-in-1 programmable light set. Anyone familiar with these? Anyone have any experience with these? Would love to hear something about them before I lay out the cash. Thanks....

http://www.customdynamics.com/wizard_lights_color_changing_led_accent_lights.htm.htm

Bluez :cool17:

I personally don't have them but ride with a friend who has the Kury Lizard Lites.They are the same thing with the differences being that the Lizards are more expensive,have fixed length wires and moulded conectors.The Wizard kit looks to be more flexiable for instalation.Both sets have 7 colors,flash,fade and all kind of other fabtastic doodads.You know what?My friend rides with it set on one color [because flashing will get you a visit from johnny lawman]and when he parks it ,he leaves on that same color because he doesn't want to fool with cycling through to get to the color he likes.I thought long and hard about getting Wizards for my bike as they are really REALLY cool.And then I thought about how I would use them and came to the conclusion that most of the time I would only use 1 color also.So my 2 cents worth of advice is when I get lites for my ride,it will likely be high quality single color lites .Good luck on your decision,don't think I'm trying to discourage you from Wizard Lites as I don't know what you have in mind,this is just my experiances and conclusions with these lites.Herb

Bluesman,

I used to have lights on my bike that changed 7 different colors.

Caught a lot of frowns and strong comments from some Stateboys including some of the local police because the lights had blue and red ...which is a no-no...

(imitating an emergency vehicle they say) ..

I purchased mine form Auto Zone... a lot cheaper then where your looking to purchase from.

If you can, stop by your local Auto Zone and check out all the LED lights they carry.

I was at one again Sunday, and they carry many chrome decorations that would work great on the stock air covers on the RSV... and they carry many different types of LED lights (all colors too)...

Dont know why, but Auto Zone is going all out on LED lights and chrome acessories.

In fact, the one I was at Sunday also started carrying individual chrome letters..

Easy to install, I like them and I let them cycle through the colors while riding (I feel like the change is likely to get noticed more than just a solid color.) They don't seem quite as bright as the Lizards but they are bright enough. I have ride through town almost daily past the cop shop with them changing colors and have never gotten any comments but I have worried about it(They are only on Red or blue for a few seconds and I have them set where there is no direct color shining at anyone - it is just reflected light off of the Chrome and paint - I never keep them on Flash but they have (I think) 7 different flash modes plus breath mode. I Figure Flash and Red or Blue would REALLY excite the cops. They do have full length separate wiring for each light instead of the Lizards with the fixed length and adapters (That was one of the reasons I went with Wizards - was worried about having to make all those adapters fit and have problems with connections) The only problem I have had is every now and then, will go to the garage and they will be on - all by themselves. Emailed Custom Dynamics where we bought them and they sent a new controller - no questions asked. The new one has done it a couple of times but I haven't emailed them again - We see it everyday even when not riding. I believe it is the same controller used on the Lizards so I doubt going with those would have been any different.

Finding a home for all of the excess wire was the biggest problem - we put one under each bag - I left all of the wire for back tire removal (Just wire tied it to the rails under the bags). The rest, I have in the cavity under the seat. Mounted the controller behind the battery in that open spot. All in all - I like them and am satisfied. Would recommend custom dynamics as they have had good customer service so far. Only have 6 of them on the bike right now (Waiting to get the fairing on for the other 2). Forgot to mention - Put 2 under the tank and one on the passenger floorboard bracket facing back toward(Actually forward) the side panel on the inside edge. They throw a lot of light in good places. Plan to put the other 2 under the fairing somewhere. They come with 2 remotes that are easy to use. I never have any trouble finding the mode that I want.

Edited by mountainhorsega