IGNORED

WARNING, working on brakes

Venturous Randy

If you are going to be doing any work on your brakes, before you go for a test ride, make sure you have an 8mm or 5/16 wrench with you. If for some reason your brakes start getting hot, a quick temporary fix is to release the brake bleed and relieve the pressure.

I keep reading where people work on the brakes and go for a ride and it either gets gets hot or locks up and they are stranded until they can get someone to bring a trailer and wrestle it up on it. Another thing I am seeing is people with a brake pedal that is sticking or not coming back to the correct stop and not bleeding back into the reservoir, causing the same problem.

RandyA

I posted this a long time ago Randy. A wrench can save you a lot of Headaches. if they start locking up just blead them off. You will probally have to adjust pedal height. Could also be a little to much fluid. They don't like that. Fluid will expand and lock them up. Again just bleed them off a little.

It's just plain good practise to carry a small set of tools...I've never gone out riding without any tools..thankfully I rarely have needed them. They're just a little bit of "visible" insurance LOL

I agree, but it seems to be that for some, if they had tools with them, they do not know to bleed the pressure off if the brakes get tight.

RandyA

I agree, but it seems to be that for some, if they had tools with them, they do not know to bleed the pressure off if the brakes get tight.

RandyA

true enuf .... and for some, all the tools in the world won't do them no good nohow in any situation (certainly not applicable to this bunch)

:D