IGNORED

Always price shop....

GG54172

So I like to price shop. (yeah I am part dutch)

I called credit union "A" for a loan for the Venture I want to pick up this weekend. they gave me a quote of 8.5% and a 36 month term.

Called credit union "B" and the loan officer said off the cuff, without looking at my credit history, 7% and 48 month term.

Called credit union "A" and asked them to match credit union "B" for terms (7% and 48 months). They said they would get back to me.

Credit union "B" calls back and says I am approved for 8% at 60 months. I tell them I don't want a 60 month, but a 48 month, they tell me it's the same interest rate regardless of the loan. I tell them I will get back to them after "A" calls back.

Credit union "A" calls back and says I am approved at 7% for 48 months. I accept the offer.

Looks like I am going to pick up a second Gen for Valentine's day! :680:

On their web site, is says 4.75 percent. For Vehicals. :puzzled:

But some banks/financial institutions count motorcycles as "recreational equipment" or other "non-vehicle." I know that the law in PA allows for anything with fewer than 4 wheels to be classified as a "non-vehicle" thus advertised rates for vehicles (everything from loans to insurance) do not necessarily apply to our two-wheeled "non-vehicles."

And Gregroy: Best of Luck with the new RSV!

My C.U.'s rate was 4.5% on new for 48 months and 5.5% on used up to 36 months. It sounds like you may need a new C.U.:thumbdown:

I don't know, I looked at the websites of six different credit unions. Most had 5.2% for new, 6% for up to three years old. I am looking at a 2001. Could be location, my credit score, or the age of the bike.

Lose a little money on interest, save a lot therapy bills.

Can I claim this as a medical benefit?:detective: