IGNORED

Carbs leaking 96 RSTC

Hello all, I am fairly new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a 1996 Royal Star Tour Classic and I am having carburetor problems. I have gas leaking out of 2 of the carbs. They are leaking from a screw near the bottom of each of the carbs. I was having problems with my idle lately so I tried the Seafoam enema and let the bike sit a day and then started it up. I was hoping that this would cure the idle problem and stop the gas leak but it did not cure the leaking. I am not sure what the purpose of the screws are so I am reluctant to try and give them a turn or two to see if the leakng will stop. Can anyone clue me in on the purpose of these screws and I would appreciate any input of ideas as to what my carb problem may be. Thanks Bob

Each carb bowl has a drain line. To open the drain there is a Screw.

Should be a #2 phillips head. Maby yours are loose, and the drains are open.

Not sure on this , but a possibility. Check the IPC to positively identify the Drain screw.

maybe the previous owner opened the drain screws and they corrouded up and the seafoam clean out the gunk. start off working the screw back and forth and work it in a little at a time, that way if there's some crud in there it'll push it out. you may wind up taking the carbs down and do a good cleaning to them. there's several guys that has changed their carbs over to the 32's off the venture and you maybe able to get a good set of carbs off one of them. keep us informed as what's happening to it. there's a forum on delphi that deals with the 96-2001 royals if you want to check it out. http://forums.delphiforums.com/royalstar/messages

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a 1996 Royal Star tour Classic and I am having a problem with leaky carbs. I did a Seafoam enema and I would like to try and drain the carbs and see if maybe whatever is causing the problem might drain out. I have a fuel drip coming from the drain screws but I am having a hard time reaching the drain screws and I am also unsure of the screw head type. I don't want to mess up the screw heads. Does anyone know what type of screw heads they are and any ideas of an easy way to access them. Thanks