IGNORED

LED Brakelight, WOW!!

Hey all just installed my Genesis LED Brakelight/taillight, WOW what a difference!! It sure is ashame yamaha can't make this part of their standard equipment package. Anyway talk about being noticed! This thing is BRIGHT!! Recommend to anyone who rides. Got it at Custom Dynamics and they were super to work with ! Have a GREAT DAY!! Be Safe!! Brian D.:cool17:

Just in case Brian D. has not had a chance to take his photos yet...here is mine with LED turn signals...all from Custom Dynamics.

One word of caution... The tail/stop lamp that I installed from Custom dynamics... The LED tail light is a circuit board that fits between the lense and the lense base. The thickness of the circuit board kept my lense from fully seating on the lense cover gasket and I did not feel it was making a good waterproof seal. I ground off the three studs inside the lense cover to allow the lense to go all the way back into the gasket for better sealing. The unit plugs directly where the old bulb was plugged into...very easy to install. Looks great and really bright.

Photo is with the running light on...not the brake light...and I had the 4 way flashers on to show the turn signals.

Hope this helps

I got the Genesis tail light for Christmas. Yup it is REAL BRIGHT. In fact I wonder if anyone knows of a replacement for the Pilot light bar many of us put on that would be as bright as the tail light. It kind of looks like I am riding brake there is such a difference.

CMIK - did you replace the front and back turn signals? Did you need to install the load equalizer?

Yes I replaced both front and rear. I did use a load equalizer due to my turn signal cancel acted kinda funny...not consistant and turn signals blinked at about 145 per second. DOT says...60-120 per second. I installed an aux fuse box around the battery so not much room there now and I had to mount the load equalizer under the trunk.

I replace stock side reflectors with LEDs I found at JP cycles. Added more LED strips also. STill working on something with a strobe unit and the brake light...not sure hoe it is gonna work out just yet so will not say much about that now. I got some photos but plan to take some good ones outside later this week. I will post them in my profile when done with all of it.

If you go to custom dynamics web site they have a light bar called the knight rider that moves back and forth like the one on knight riders car and its not very expensive and they look great and catch your attention. I just ordered one but have seen it on another bike and it really does make you look, and the whole thing lights up when you hit the brakes. My next thing is changing the rest to the leds from them and working my way around the bike as I have money.

Look at these photos.

I have a knight rider license plate frame...heavy chrome with the night rider LED on the back...with flashing brake alert. Really bright and gets your attention.

I installed the non-sequential knight rider LED 3" bars with flashing brake alert under the bags... BUT they did not flash at the same rate.:doh: I am swapping them out with non squential, non flashing brake alert (just dual density LED) and installing a strobe unit for all brake lights including the LED;s in the trunk fin and LED tail light to work with brake applied...work in progress right now...should be finished about Thursday or Friday of this week. I hope to strobe them 3 times really fast (3 flash in one second) then hold steady. I may have to play with it to get it like I want it.

Edited by CMIKE
wrong photos

CMIK what lights do you have under your bags? I like that idea also. I am going to slowly switch all the lights out as I can afford them. Do you or has anyone switched out the head light for something brighter?

Lights under the bags are dual density knight rider with flashing brake alert from Custom Dynamics. Those are the ones I talked about above that the flashing brake alert does not flash at the same rate so I am going to replace them the kinght rider non sequenctial, non flashing brake alert...just dual density. I plan to strobe them with all the brake lights.

I swapped my headlight bulb to a H4 Silver Star Ultra. This is the brightest light Sylvania makes at this time.

:thumbsup: I STILL like the LED light bar I got from signaldynamics.com ! I think at the time around $20-25 and it bolted right to the helmet locks like it was made for it! Updating the regular tail light is great too, but the LED bar from SD is in red OR clear ! I've seen people selling a "kit" on e-bay (the same light) for $50 !