IGNORED

Clicking noise again

Have a look at this Tech Tip.not sure it applies to your situation. If you can't read it PM me your E Mail address.

Keith,

You and I are thinking on the same lines bro....

You posted the same info I sent him via email...:thumbsup2:.

:yikes:My 07 had a clicking noise coming from the rear end took it back 4 times then they found out the rear axel was 10 degree's out of round they told me it was a factory defect they had rotated the drive shaft like the service bulletin said to 4 x before a mechanic finialy put a micromiter on the axel and found the real problem they put a new axel in it and has been perfect ever since... just some food for thought. Ron aka "grasshopper"

I think I have the same problem. I had my '07 RSTD in for it's first service last month. Now I am hearing a clicking noise out of the final drive area when I roll the bike forward or back. I took it in today to the dealer to have them look at it. Only 1100 miles on the thing so everything should be covered. Glad you put the tech tip up. More than likely the issue since they did mess with the final drive for the service. If they baulk or play dumb, I will mention the tech tip. Wish I had read this before I dropped it off.

My 07 started making the famous clicking at 800 miles from brand new. Dealer 2 1/2 hours away, not sure they are competent enough to handle the problem anyway and did not want to leave it with them for 2 weeks or more till they got their act together. I purchased Loctite Moly Paste at Grainer and tore it down myself using the tech service bulletin. No more clicking. It is not hard to do.

Just got the scooter back. Dealer said the spline in the final drive was bone dry. Had to be from when it was assembled. Greased it up the tech notes on the repair order said they performed "technical update M2005-015". Not the same number as above, but it worked.