IGNORED

Seat Pads

GeorgeS

I ordered a new 14 x 11 inch Seat pad with the " Viscoelastic molded Gell insert " as used in medical and sports applications

This is not the old standard, " Gel " material. Should be here tomorrow, and will get to testing it, and post the results.

They also sell 3/4 inch Slabs of the material, for $56, if you want to redo your own seat !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also: Another project started,

----- I ordered from www.superbrightleds.com --

----- 2 of their LED packs. 36 bulb, 1 1/2 inch , flat , square 1157 Replacement Bulb units.

P/N 1157-PCB-R36 Red Led Lamp, narrow beam, $9.95 each.

On my 89, I am going to try to mount them INSIDE, the Center Reflector section, just to the left and right of the Rear Turn Signals. I will wire, Both Sections of the new 1157, To the Brake Lights.

This will give me 2extra brake lights, they should be Bright.

I'm not sure yet if this will work, but will give it a try.

I allready put LED 1157 Replacement bulbs in the OEM Tail light, They seem to work OK, I got those bulbs at local Shucks auto parts.

All this if anybody is interested, otherwise have a Beer !! :whistling:

Edited by GeorgeS

Fits both bikes, first impressions are that it is going to work pretty good.

I will keep it on my computer chair for testing, for the time being

It has waterproof lineing inside, zipper to open to remove the pad.

Pad, is the 3/4 in thick Gel material, and 3 layers of foam.

Price is on the stiff side, but if it actually works, its worth the money.

From http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com

Westlake Village, Ca. 91362,

Took some photos posted here. :)

Today finished the Installation of the 1 1/2 Squrare LED Bulb units, in the Rear Center Reflector unit.

Turned out to be more trouble then I expected. Had to cut a 1 5/8 x 1 1/4 hole thru the back side of the reflector Unit. Had to leave 3/4 inch space on the outer side, between new bulb and turn signal. Then was enough space to fit the LED units inside the Reflector lens.

I then made a thin metal panel, to cover the hole, and installed with Pop Rivits, and Sealed everything with black Silastic.

No bulb socket used, I removed the plug installed on the new units, and Hard wired everything.

Made the connection to Brake light wire. at the 3 wire plug, about 10 inches from the OEM Tail/brake light unit. The Yellow wire at this plug is the Brake light Voltage source.

Works, good, Now have 2 extra, bright brake lights. :)

Edited by GeorgeS

Fits both bikes, first impressions are that it is going to work pretty good.

I will keep it on my computer chair for testing, for the time being

It has waterproof lineing inside, zipper to open to remove the pad.

Pad, is the 3/4 in thick Gel material, and 3 layers of foam.

Price is on the stiff side, but if it actually works, its worth the money.

From http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com

Westlake Village, Ca. 91362,

Took some photos posted here. :)

My wife & I got these pads a year ago and are very happy with them. We don't use the straps, just set them on the seat and go.

How do these pads do in hot weather riding, do they breath at all or retain heat?

The top pad claims to be sheep skin. ?? --- Can't answer your question untill I use it for a long ride. I guess you can refference any information about sheep skin, wool covered seat pads. Sombody should know the answer to that.

• 2 weeks later...
How about a photo with the cover off, to see how you mounted them?????

Greedy, arnt I....

Sorry, forgot to take photos . But its straight forward.

On back side of reflector unit, measure in from left and right side about 1 inch.

then From top, of back ( very top ) 1 1/2 wide by 1 1/8 rectangular hole. Cut it out with a Dremel Tool.

Then just slide in the 1 1/2 Square light unit. The unit is about 1/2 inch thick with bulbs mounted.

I made a cover over the hole, with 1/64 thick brass material. Pop rivieted the 4 corners, used black Silastic to make water tight Seal.

I cut off the Bulb socket that was mounted on the light unit, and soldered on #18 extension wires ( spliced to existing ) Covered the new wires with 3/16 heat shrink, to make new cableing.

Taped into the Brake light wire, about 10 inches forward of the Existing light unit.

There is a plug there. Left side,

The two lower tail light bulbs are small 1864 bulbs, mounted in the same reflector unit.