IGNORED

Close One!!!

jburrell

Well friday night I was heading home from work about 9pm and I had a scare. I was going down the local freeway and almost home so I was moving from left inside lane to the next lane over due to lane ending. I had just topped the overpass when I started to straddle the white line on the r side when I spotted it. Someone had dropped a 5 gal paint bucket in the road and it was no more than a few feet away with me going 70-75mph. I was so close to it when I saw it in the dark that I didn't even have time to try to avoid it but I was able to get off center on it. I caught the bucket dead on with the r side crash guard. Luckily, the bucket must have been empty as it disappeared as fast as it appeared and all I heard was one "bang". I didn't bother trying to look back to see where it went as I was more intent on making sure I kept the bike up and going forward. Situations like this is why I don't participate in some of the local "night" rides. Just too many possible road hazards that can appear quicker than you can react. I think I might slow down more at night now or try to get better headlights.

Moral I guess is dont outride your headlights at night.

Dang, Jim, you cut em close. Glad you're ok.

As said before put some better lighting on her. That should help.

Each his own, but I wouldn't let it stop me from driving at night in the Houston area.

Could be worse, at least those paint buckets don't have hooves and antlers. :rotf::rotf: