Guest sparky

Guest sparky

2questions. #1 Where is the audio control and cb modules located? #2 My rear shock doesn't hold air very well. Is there a reason for this? I finally got a CD service manual and didn't see a location for the modules or any kind of trouble shooting section in it. any help appreciated. Bill

His profile say 1999.

The rear shock is a common problem from what I have read. So far I have not had any trouble with mine.

Occasionaly my radio acts up, and the CB. Just does not work sometime. I turn the CB on and off and it normally comes back. Appearantly under the fairing there is a plug that requires some dielectric grease to keep the contactors to make proper contact.

Brad

Thanks peeps. I don't know what generation I have. It's a 1999 RSV, so I guess the next ? is, how can u tell?

On the main page , left side menu, check out venture history. 1st gen is 83-93, 2nd gen 99-now. There is some variation and hair splitting but this is generally held to be correct :sign isnt that spec

2questions. #1 Where is the audio control and cb modules located? #2 My rear shock doesn't hold air very well. Is there a reason for this? I finally got a CD service manual and didn't see a location for the modules or any kind of trouble shooting section in it. any help appreciated. Bill
sparky ,your another one of us lucky ones.you have a good looking, fast, reliable,state of the art,smooth,2nd gen.and if it's black you have it all.bill :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :cool10: :clap2: :thumbsup2:

For the rear shock, this will probably sound stupid but check to make sure the valve stem is tight. Sometimes its the little things that are the problem. The replacement shock I got installed under warranty wasn't holding air well either and when I checked the valve stem it was loose. Once tightened, no more problem with loosing air.

Cheers, Gary B

Guest sparky

Mine is sort of gray and silver separated by a goldish pinstripe. It looks fine. I bought it 2 weeks ago and it only had 15,000 miles on if. The dealer said it had never been in the rain.

Mine is sort of gray and silver separated by a goldish pinstripe. It looks fine. I bought it 2 weeks ago and it only had 15,000 miles on if. The dealer said it had never been in the rain.

Nice looking. That is a second Gen definetly. They call it silver but I still think it is green.

Brad