IGNORED

Headset question

Bill in NJ

I am looking at 2 headsets the J&M H58154 of/ff and the IMC HSG35u/HSG15. Both inexpensive headsets. One for 3/4 and one for full face helmet. I do limited 2-up but its nice to have when I do. They are both about the same price so was wondering if any one has an opinion either way on which to get. Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill

I have had the HS-8146-OF J&M's for a couple of years now and have had no problem with them what so ever. I think they are the same as the HS-8154. Some of the people here have also tried EDsets with good success. I think its best to get some opinions before you buy because more expensive in this case is not necessarily the better choice. Do a search under headsets or intercom and you should come up with lots of info.

Keith

I am looking at 2 headsets the J&M H58154 of/ff and the IMC HSG35u/HSG15. Both inexpensive headsets. One for 3/4 and one for full face helmet. I do limited 2-up but its nice to have when I do. They are both about the same price so was wondering if any one has an opinion either way on which to get. Thanks.

Bill

Bill

I am using the J&M slide-in headset for shorty helmets and found the quality of sound and mic are very good. We tested the IMC over the ear-set and found that did not fit well for my spouse and wind noise was fairly loud.

The J&M, while may be more $$'s, you did get the quality.

My current state is to be looking at Bluetooth costs and going wireless for the whole rig.

:snow2: :canada:

Thanks Count. The difference in price is about $10 so thats not a factor. Really wanted to know if one sounded better (ie. clarity, wind noise). It looks like your vote is for the J&M. Did you get much wind noise with the J&M?

Clarity is good, wind noise not very evident. As for the Mic-Mute, I have not yet done that installations. The Venture system has the mic's live all the time when connected. Being behind the windshield, drive is fine. My spouse with the JM is much less wind noise that the other, but as in the other post, the mic mute would completely cut out wind noise.

The other sets, I also found engine noise transfering in the head sets, where that is very minimal in the JM

This is the model of JM I use (2 helmets) part#’s HS-ICD284-HHU

Web link: http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HS-ICD284-HHU&PF=12

Please don't flame me.:o

I'm still very new to the RSV and I'm also looking for good headsets etc... After reading this thread I have more questions than ever. I have read the owners manual but it is not very clear about all of the functions of the audio/cb system and how they integrate.

Please point me in the right direction for this information.

So I understand that the intercom mics are always live. Can you hear music when the mics are plugged in? Does the music mute when someone talks or do you have to talk over the music? When the cb is on and a transmission is received, does that mute the music or do you have to try to hear the transmission over the music?

Thanks

You will never get flamed around here for asking an honest question. I'll try to answer and not leave anything out.

You are correct in that if you have a mic plugged in, it will always be "hot". That is unless you install some aftermarket device such as the Mic Mute that will toggle it off and on.

With a headset/mic plugged in, you can still here the music. You can select whether to hear the music through the external speakers on the bike or through the headset. If you have it set to external speakers, you will hear the music and the CB through the bikes speakers. If you have a passenger and you both have headsets and mics, then all the intercom talk will be through the headsets regardless of whether you have music set for external or headsets.

If somebody talks on the CB, it will automatically mute the music. Now I'm trying to remember but I don't think the intercom mutes the music, you have to talk over it.

If somebody talks on the CB, it will automatically mute the music. Now I'm trying to remember but I don't think the intercom mutes the music, you have to talk over it.

I"m guessing that's why they have seperate volume controlls? Thanks for the information.

Edited by uechi kid