IGNORED

Saddlebag Latch Problem

Guest winzerello

Guest winzerello

I have had a problem with one of the saddlebag latches on my 2004 Venture. The latch is extremely difficult to open. It closes just fine but to open it I have to press down on the latch with both hands really hard. Does anyone know about this problem or how to adjust it?

I have had a problem with one of the saddlebag latches on my 2004 Venture. The latch is extremely difficult to open. It closes just fine but to open it I have to press down on the latch with both hands really hard. Does anyone know about this problem or how to adjust it?

Had this same problem with my 03 RSV. I fixed it by drowning the locks in WD-40. Had to do the same with the helmet locks, too. Just need to keep a rag handy to keep the WD-40 from getting into the bags--takes a long wihle to get the smell out.

Good luck.

Noah

Getting there is ALL the fun.

Pick up a small tube of white silicone grease. Most auto parts stores have it and it will last MUCH longer than WD40. If fact, I used it on mine about 4 years ago and have not had to do it again.

Seven years ago, I used the spray type white lithium grease on my latch mecanisms and they are still easy to operate. :) One would think mother Yamaha/dealer would lube the latches when the bag latches are installed...:whistling:

Guest winzerello

The lubrication worked great. Thank you for the idea. I agree that you would think the dealer would lube the latches but in this case the dealer could not tell me what the problem was unless I brought the bike in. Funny how the riders know more than the guys who are employed by the company.

Thanks again