IGNORED

Mini-Asheville planned

mini-muffin

Well since so many want to go back to Asheville I'll go ahead and set up a shorter version. I decided on July 10, 11, 12. This way it's a weekend and not too long for those that are planning on going to the other events this summer. I'll get around to calling the KOA and the motel once I see how many folks are interested in this. So please let me know I'll add it to the calendar.

So folks let me know whose interested. Now just because I said fri, sat, and sun doesn't mean you can't show up earlier. If you do we'll get you in touch with folks in the area so you can get around and see some sites.

Margaret

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bumping back up need to get a good figure. I'll try for a week and then I'll start making the arrangements. Shouldn't be too hard I think everywhere we stayed seemed to like us for some reason.

David no problem if you can't make it. I really didn't intend to do this but since everyone was willing to go for a weekend, what the heck. Gives us something to do in July anyway.

Margaret

If anyone wants to come in earlier in the week you can contact me and I can meet you in the evening and plan a ride for you.Kinda hard for me to justify using vacation time living just 15 minutes away.........RandyA,great idea you came up with last year with the list of names and contact phone numbers...........Did I mention I like to ride in this area whenever I get a chance.:banana:

Welllllll, it don't look to good for us coming down that weekend. Jane's boss is giving her some grief about taking off that Thursday/Friday. Wants to wait a few weeks to make a decision but by then we might loose some other dates and then be up a creek.

Bummer,

Jerry

If anyone wants to come in earlier in the week you can contact me and I can meet you in the evening and plan a ride for you.Kinda hard for me to justify using vacation time living just 15 minutes away.........RandyA,great idea you came up with last year with the list of names and contact phone numbers...........Did I mention I like to ride in this area whenever I get a chance.:banana:

Thanks rooster. I plan on doing that again as we get closer to the date. It did help out a couple of times and helped to get to know others a little better.

RandyA

Sure go ahead an RUB IT IN there Rooster. 15 minutes away. Why I ought ta!!! LOL U sure are lucky. Well except when it comes to sewage lines:stickpoke:

The missus and I are planning on being there sometime fri. Hopefully we will have a trailer by then to tow along. Going to look at the on eyou told me about tomorrow MIni. Fingers crossed no-one beats me to it.

David

PS From what I'm told all it needs is a paint job. Wonder how I an get that done.??????HEHEHEHE

Sure go ahead an RUB IT IN there Rooster. 15 minutes away. Why I ought ta!!! LOL U sure are lucky. Well except when it comes to sewage lines:stickpoke:

Who me,rub it in.Never..Lets see,from my house to

1.Highway 80 (The Rooster Tail)........3 miles

2. Mt Mitchell................................30 miles

3. Grandfather Mountain...................35 miles

4. Lake Lure...................................30 miles

5. Chimney Rock..............................22 miles

6. Highway 226A..............................8 miles

7. US 226 runs through town

8. US 221 runs through town

9 Biltmore Estate.............................29 miles

10. Linville Caverns...........................15 miles

11. Highway 181...............................20 miles

12. 400 miles of paved twisty roads

13. 300 miles unpaved twisty roads some ok for a RSV

14. 200 miles trails but need a chainsaw for the sidecar

15. Tail of The Dragon...No thanks...too far to go when I can do the same ride down my driveway.

Sure gets boring around here:draming:

Edited by 1rooster

• 2 weeks later...

Since Asheville is one of my and the wifes favorite places, we're going to try and make it. We'll probably make it a week event since like I said it's one of our favorite places and so much to see. Look forward to meeting everyone and putting a face with the name.

Well since I've only gotten one RSVP on the calendar I guess ya'll should go ahead and make your reservations. You can stay as long as you'd like. Most of us will probably leave on sunday. But if you want to show up early or stay longer go for it.

KOA East will be the campground. Hotel was in Black moutain,the town pretty much outside the KOA. The motel was Super8. I know someone stayed elsewhere, just don't know where.

Try and get camp sites in the same area we had last year. They were in D section campsites go from 3 to 38 and there are kabins there as well. You can check the map they have on the website. The campsites will be on the left side of the map to the top. They are along the lake.

Margaret

Edited by mini-muffin

For those that went last year and are coming back, are there any suggestions? The area where we camped, which ended up being the main congregation point, was a beautiful area by the lilly pond. It was a bit of a walk up a steep trail to the bathroom(probably more for the women, not that the men were in better shape), but this area would be hard to beat.

As we get closer to then, I hope if there are any suggestions, you will throw them out.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

Ok mini, Need just a little info. Is there a contact # and a set up listed for ventureriders or what? I googled koa east and found a koa east asheville . Is That then wright one and what reference do I need to give the attendent who pics up the phone. We will be camping so I would like to reserve our spot next to or at least near to everyone.

Thanks in advance.

David

Well so far it's you and me that RSVP'd and Mamamo already got her reservation for her kabin. So just call and ask for one of the tent spots that I mentioned so we can all cluster around you. :) I didn't do any calling didn't know how many even wanted to go.

Yes it is KOA East Asheville. Sorry about that. Here's the website you can reserve online too. http://www.koa.com/where/nc/33116/

Margaret