IGNORED

Clicking noise in intercom speakers

ediddy

I bought the universal adpater from edsets so I can use earbuds with the intercom system on my bike. The sound is excellent but I can't stand the clicking noise of the engine. With the regular intercom connection I can hear the noise but it isn't loud enough to cause a problem. With the earbuds with the adapter the noise is so loud it drives my crazy. I've read on here where you can move the wires around under the tank and sometime the noise will go away. Which wires under the tank do you move to correct this and are there any other ways to stop the clicking? Thanks, Eddie

I developed the same noise, about a month ago. when you find the cause, let me know.

Thanks

It could come from several places. First check your plug wires for being well plugged in and not cracked.

Then you can take some aluminum foil attached to a wire grounded on the frame and wrap the wire bundles going down the left handlebar and then the right handlebar.

The foil should give sufficient shielding to help you find which section of which wire is picking up the coil.

I had the same problem.Tried to move the wires under the tank,but that didn't help

either.Finally split the fairing and took all the connectors in the bundle beside the radio

apart and put diaelectric grease in all of them.Pulled them apart and put them back

together 3 or 4 times to make sure they were getting a good connection.I didn't know

which one it was,so I did them all.I figured they needed it.So far,no more noise.