IGNORED

Lowering my 83 Venture

I have the same affliction, I sent my seat down to one of our members, Rick Butler in Texas, he cut the foam down and narrowed the front a bit, lowered it at least an 1" and probably a little more, no ground clearance issues either, price was reasonable and he does great work. Craig:080402gudl_prv:

My friend has an 87 Aspencade and we noticed that his seat height is almost 2" lower than my 84 VR. Last week we both had our seats in for repair. While they were apart we compaired notes. All of the height difference is in the foam of the seat. Mine has at least 2" more foam and is somewhat more comfortable. So I guess taking some foam out won't be a big problem and as long as you don't take out too much it should be just fine. You could also take out more foam and replace with a gel pack. I heard that a gel seat is VERY comfy.

Guest bigtruck

i put the next size lower tire on my 83 and not only lowered it 1 1/2" but handled better and never bottomed out on the curves.they handle all the same weight and really didn't notice any speedometer change.I followed my wife with her flashing me no. and we were within 3.It was great to be able to put my feet all the way on the ground.I'm all of 5/7.

i put the next size lower tire on my 83 and not only lowered it 1 1/2" but handled better and never bottomed out on the curves.they handle all the same weight and really didn't notice any speedometer change.I followed my wife with her flashing me no. and we were within 3.It was great to be able to put my feet all the way on the ground.I'm all of 5/7.

You followed your wife with her flashing you, am I on the right website?

RandyA