IGNORED

Need Route Assistance

Lone Eagle

Hey, riders, I have a friend - Elgato - who just joined here today. He has a bike (dark side :rotf:) and wants to get it out here to Nor Cal. "The bike is in San Antonio. Was thinking about I-10W to LA, and then up to here.". Any idea on how he might be able to do this? He would encounter snow in some mountains wouldn't he? Thanks in advance for any help.

That's the only way to go this time of year... Except for the Freak snowstorm like once in every 20 years you should be golden... After you get out of San Antonia a little ways it's pretty much Desert all the way to LA... Then you just have the Mts in CA to worry about.. You probably know how they go... good luck

Guest tx2sturgis

You have some fairly high passes, over 4000 feet, in West Texas and then again in SouthEastern Arizona..if there is weather headed that way, it COULD get nasty, depends of course on what the weathermen say, and whether he is riding or hauling the bike.

If it was me I'd ride it... You can usually find ways around closed passes in CA... It's not CO where you can get trapped in a valley for weeks... But I have a sense of adventure and will use any excuse to ride... If I had Wienies telling me to truck it would make me wanna ride it even more... But hey that's just me... You wanna be Mr. Play it Safe put it in a trailer...