09 RSV.....I have a pair of Kuryakan grips ordered and want to make sure I understand how to install them. I've installed the Kuryakan grips on a different bike in the past and it was pretty easy. After reading some posts about installing them on an RSV, some folks refer to separating the throttle switch housing and removing the cables. I don't understand why this is necessary? Don't the new 6235 Kuryakan grips just slide on over the throttle's plastic sleeve?

Thanks.....David

09 RSV.....I have a pair of Kuryakan grips ordered and want to make sure I understand how to install them. I've installed the Kuryakan grips on a different bike in the past and it was pretty easy. After reading some posts about installing them on an RSV, some folks refer to separating the throttle switch housing and removing the cables. I don't understand why this is necessary? Don't the new 6235 Kuryakan grips just slide on over the throttle's plastic sleeve?

Thanks.....David

David - I just put a pair on my Tour Deluxe. I made the mistake of getting the "universal" fit (without the throttle tube) and it was a bit of work to get the throttle side on. The stock throttle tube had "ridges" running lengthwise that fit into slots in the stock grip. There was also a corresponding "ring" at the same overall-diameter at the housing side. I had to grind off most of this to get it to slip on.

All of that to say this - get the one's made for your bike with the new throttle tube) - crack open the throttle housing and simply replace. It will be easy and save you a bunch of time. BTW - it looks like you got the correct part #. :thumbsup2:

Hope this helps,

Shep

Edited by Shep