IGNORED

relocate red on/off ign. switch??

Is there any way to relocate the red ign. switch located on the right handle bar?? I have bumped that thing a couple of times and shut the motor off at the most inoppurtune times, such as taking off from a red light, and once going down the highway at 70 mph. Now that will get your attention when you automatically reach up and turn it on again. The resulting "BANG" will almost give you hear failure!! Has anyone ever relocated this switch??

Don H.

Haven't seen or heard of anyone relocating that switch but have seen a post or two here about converting the kill switch for other uses.

Since you don't like killing the motor when it's not wanted you could either disable it and put a kill switch somewhere else or use it for say spot lights or whatever takes your fancy.

Larry

The right handlebar red ignition switch is for safety. It would be much better to learn NOT to touch it anytime except when needed. I had a throttle stick open going down a steep hill last year. That switch saved my ***, big time! I toggled it on and off until I got the the bottom.

If you couldn't take your hands off the grips but needed to shut off the engine what would you do, if it wasn't within thumb distance?

Rotate the switch up or down around the handlebar so you don't inadvertantly hit it, 2 screws underneath.

DO NOT MOVE IT (to a different out of easy reach location)

Edited by 5bikes
Clarification

The right handlebar red ignition switch is for safety. It would be much better to learn NOT to touch it anytime except when needed. I had a throttle stick open going down a steep hill last year. That switch saved my ***, big time! I toggled it on and off until I got the the bottom.

If you couldn't take your hands off the grips but needed to shut off the engine what would you do, if it wasn't within thumb distance?

Rotate the switch up or down around the handlebar so you don't inadvertantly hit it, 2 screws underneath.

DO NOT MOVE IT (to a different out of easy reach location)

I'd be interested in why your throttle stuck open, have a feeling he was not a Venture?

Jerry