Ok so i found a hose not connected to anything tonight on the left side of my motor. the hose goese down to a filter or somting on the left next to the frame and then in front of the motor drains i gueese , it looks like a vent/ drain line. but the top end of the hose is not connected to anything. any idea where its susposed to go I dont see any thing in my shop manuale.

heres the pic of the hose.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/MikeM8560/Venture%20XVZ12/100_1422m.jpg

Ah hah! I'm not alone! Drove me nuts for a month until I found out where it went. It's a drain hose that attaches to the front left bottom side of the air box. If up get your hand up in there you will feel a nipple that it attaches to.

There was a tech article from Yammy years ago that was a mod to shorten the line from the air box and splice it into that damned dog legged breather hose from the crank case instead of letting it drip under the bike.

Hey Mike.

Yeppers, the PO on mine had zip tied the damn thing up along the the left down tube and it led up to to inside the fairing on the lsft side to behind the head light. Had my fairing off 3 times until I posted a pic and somebody jumped in and told me what it was. The PO had apparently broken the nipple off the airbox so he just epoxied the hole shut and moved the line to somewhere else.

I had spent many evenings with the parts break downs and a flashlight looking at every component behind the fairing. Grrrr!

One of many surprises from the PO. The man was challenged I tell ya! LOL!

Ya get your springs figured out on your exhaust tips?

Ah hah! I'm not alone! Drove me nuts for a month until I found out where it went. It's a drain hose that attaches to the front left bottom side of the air box. If up get your hand up in there you will feel a nipple that it attaches to.

There was a tech article from Yammy years ago that was a mod to shorten the line from the air box and splice it into that damned dog legged breather hose from the crank case instead of letting it drip under the bike.

uhhhhhhhh....huh!

:rotf: :D :eek:

As an aside to this thread, if you ever go to order and replace the crankcase breather hose from the airbox to the "twinkie", they will send you the shorter hose that the drain line is supposed to "T" into in the later mods, makes it a pain to try and stretch the new shorter hose down to the fitting!

Dan