IGNORED

New/old touring bike? (Voyager)

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

An old name in the touring bike business will once again be on the roads. Frame mount fairing, 1700cc, and fuel injected! It seems to be based on either the Nomad or the Vulcan, or both.

Looks pretty good huh? With all the boomers leaving the biking world in droves, I applaud Kawasaki for giving us another good choice in touring rigs.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/product-specifications.aspx?id=379

Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Yeah...this is just a guess, but I bet it will msrp at around 18,000....but thats only a guess.

I like the instrumentation, other than that 'video game' console in the middle. I notice there is an iPod symbol on the audio panel...which is good, but the fuel tank is only 5.3 gallons? Whats up with that?

If Yammi comes out with a 3rd Gen RSV with all these features that would be great.....

Considering the direction our economy is headed will have a big influence on all new bike sales over the next 2-3 years....and IMHO that translates to lower MSRP's to get the scoots off the Dealer lots.:cool10:

I have also heard that the MSRP will be around $18000, cheaper than a Ultra Classic and Gold Wing anyways, but for as long as we have been hearing about this bike when is the bike finally going to be released for sale and what will the official price be?:confused24:

Dave, aka the 'Chubby Ape'

'05 RSTD

Just saw it in Roadbike magazine. Looks pretty slick. I just wish the metric manufacturers would get of the stupid V-twin kick! I DON"T WANT A ME-TOO V-TWIN! Four is the right number of cylinders for a bike. Period. If I wanted two I'd stay with domestics or turn to the Germans.

Guest tx2sturgis
Just saw it in Roadbike magazine. Looks pretty slick. I just wish the metric manufacturers would get of the stupid V-twin kick! I DON"T WANT A ME-TOO V-TWIN! Four is the right number of cylinders for a bike. Period. If I wanted two I'd stay with domestics or turn to the Germans.

Yep. We all have our preferences.

I'm not as particular about the piston count. I ride a one lunger dual-sport, a V-twin Harley, and a 4 banger Venture. I might like a Triumph 3 cylinder too.

I like shaft drive, or thought I did, till I discovered all the issues with Venture rear diffs, but belts have their problems too. Beemers have some issues with shaftdrive also.

Nothing beats the sound and grunt of a big V-twin. But these 4 cylinder bikes have lots of free-revving horsepower.

I may have to go test-ride a a new Voyager. Hmmm....

:cool10:

I talked to a kawasaki dealer a few months ago who had just gotten back from the dealer's meeting. Said kawasaki won't put the new voyager into production until January and will be on the showroom in April. Kawasaki didn't disclose what the msrp would be.

I just plopped my rear on one of these items last weekend. At first glance it is very attractive. I sat down on the seat and put a foot up on the boards. Felt like my knee was in my chest. The chrome is thin plastic and it rattles and moves. The lowers are so paper thin that they flex when pushed on by an index finger. The sales man is asked me not to do it again because I might break it!!!!!!!!!!!! I got off and opened the side hinge trunk. When it hit the end of the cheap cable stop the whole thing flexed and wobbled because the ABS is thin. I thought it was going to fall off. Side bags are the same. Mamma took one look at the passenger's seat and said no way in H@#$. It is half the width of an RSV and looks to be about a foot from front to rear. We watched a guy and his size 0 wife (105 lbs.) get on and she looked like she was riding his back. I think Kaw had a great idea but slapped a bunch of cheap parts on a nice Vulcan.

JB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tx2sturgis
I Felt like my knee was in my chest. The chrome is thin plastic and it rattles and moves. The lowers are so paper thin that they flex when pushed on by an index finger. .... We watched a guy and his size 0 wife (105 lbs.) get on and she looked like she was riding his back. I think Kaw had a great idea but slapped a bunch of cheap parts on a nice Vulcan.

JB

Nothing like an up close look-see for first impressions. I'll still want to look at one when I get the chance.

Thanks for the write-up!

they had 3 bikes at the int. m/c show here in houston. the sticker had a base price at 17,900 +. i sat on the blue one, did not realy look over the bike that well. but did notice the trunk looks like a h d unit or a close copy. but that faring with those lights o i might be in love. but realy need to ride one around the block a few times.

don c.:stickinouttounge:

Sat on one at the bike show in Long Beach today. Bike looks and feels good, but the plastic is way too thin. The hinge on the trunk is really mickey-mouse and will break the plastic in no time, I predict. Also, passenger space seems cramped.