IGNORED

6 Disc Changer

GoldVenturing

Well. I bought a $20,000 6 disc changer...It came with a really cool motorcycle, but quite frankly, I don't need it (the changer, not the bike).

I want to sell it, but have no idea what it's worth. It's brand new, in the box, with 2 pieces that I assume are for the installation. One is a plastic piece and one is a very thick rubber boot that seems like it is made to go around the player.

I don't want to list it on eBay until I know what it might be worth, any advice?

Kevin

Kevin, you can buy a Yamaha CD Changer from South Seattle for $458.96. Correct me if I'm wrong but, the cable hookup required that comes with thiers is pre installed in your bike? I believe you can buy the same CD Changer direct from the manufacture for a lot less.

Kevin, you can buy a Yamaha CD Changer from South Seattle for $458.96. Correct me if I'm wrong but, the cable hookup required that comes with thiers is pre installed in your bike? I believe you can buy the same CD Changer direct from the manufacture for a lot less.
The wire didn't come preinstalled in '05 or '06. I ordered the CD changer when I bought my '05. It took 'em six months to get the thing. It came with the clamp, some serious double stick tape, the vibration damping sleeve, a special pass through plug for the hole in the floor of the trunk, and the custom sized wire. It also had the Clarion mounting hardware and a really long wire with a straight plug on the end.

As far as I'm concerned, the custom wire with the 90 degree plug and the trunk plug are the most valuable parts of the system. The mounting clamp and vibration sleeve come next.

Of course, like most of the folks here I use a music player (iAUDIO) hooked up to AUX and the CD is sitting over in the corner collecting dust.

When I bought my 09' RSV last month, it came with the cable installed to the left saddlebag. The dealer had to order the CD changer for installation.(so much for being standard on the 09') I didn't let them install it and I have all 3 pieces brand new in the packaging. (the changer, the mounting bracket, and the rubber dampner that goes around the CD changer.) I was also thinking of listing on E-bay but the ones on there never seem to have any bidders. I think CD's have become a thing of the past.

I had 2000 venture that I bought used. It had Yamaha Clarion installed when bike was new at dealer. At 3 years old I hit rough pothole and wiped out Lazer. My local Dealer said 2 years on CD was all the warranty because it was accessory. I then contacted yamaha myself and they looked up Vin and when they were told that Cycle Springs in Florida had installed at delivery it was covered for full 5 year. I did lose one more Lazer and they replaced it to. Then that bike was totaled in 2005 and I got changer off crashed bike but could not get Yamaha short wiring coax. I got with Ian in yamaha customer service and after checking my situation and backing up with warrantied changers he got me a new one for my current Venture and gave me the part # for that cord that every dealer tells you only comes in a kit. I'll look to see if I can find # or contact Ian if he's still there at Yamaha.

But I now enjoy my XM and the extra space in the left saddle bag more than CD that would skip at times and die as mentioned above.

Jerryk