IGNORED

Trailer choice. Trekker or Aluma MCT?

Midnight

Snow is flying like crazy up here in Ontario Canada so I now have a some time to start planning for next years rides.

We have been looking for a trailer for our RSV. I have corresponded with one of our members who has the Aluma MCT trailer. I have yet to see one but hope to soon now that I found a dealer in Canada.

We saw a fibergalass trailer a few weeks ago made by a Canadian company called Trekker. It looks like a nice unit.

I was wondering if anyone has a Trekker trailer or knows of someone who does?

Any input on either trailer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. JR

http://www.thomasamerican.com/trailers_for_sale_inventory.asp?Category=MCT&TrailerType=All

http://www.trekkertrailer.com/

Snow is flying like crazy up here in Ontario Canada so I now have a some time to start planning for next years rides.

We have been looking for a trailer for our RSV. I have corresponded with one of our members who has the Aluma MCT trailer. I have yet to see one but hope to soon now that I found a dealer in Canada.

We saw a fibergalass trailer a few weeks ago made by a Canadian company called Trekker. It looks like a nice unit.

I was wondering if anyone has a Trekker trailer or knows of someone who does?

Any input on either trailer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. JR

http://www.thomasamerican.com/trailers_for_sale_inventory.asp?Category=MCT&TrailerType=All

http://www.trekkertrailer.com/

I have seen the Aluma trailers and I really like them. When I'm ready that will be the one I most likely buy. Thomas has trailers on Ebay all the time for $1549.00 They are located in DeMoine IA. So not even that far from me.

Hey JR. I'd choose the Aluma MCT.... They have a wonderful reputation and the style just goes better with the RSV. I know a couple guys personally that have had theirs for a few years and just love them... No doubt the other trailer is a good product but as kenw said -- pretty costly compared the the Aluma MCT...

Good luck on the decission.... :whistling::whistling:

I have been considering the Trekker as well. I had a chance to look at one awhile back here at the local hotel. The guy was pulling it with a Raider and said it handled very well. He did mention a few problems but he thought that they had been corrected since he bought his. I should mention he was from Quebec and our conversation was brief because of my poor french and his poor english. He mentioned the support arms were weak on the rear lid.....the support arm brackets were aluminum and broke rather easy and the front lid/cover had warped. Again I must say that he did give me the impression that his was an earlier model and those problems had been corrected.

Hope this helps

Keith

I have the MCT Aluma trailer and I have TRIED to make it sway,mty or loaded and it will not..Now I imagine if you loaded it heavy behind the axle,which would be hard to do, it might sway but I cannot make mine sway at all..

Midnight

I see there is a nice new black Trekker (to match your 2007 Midnight) on Ebay in Quebec from the manufacturer for a good discount. With the Canadian dollar trading at 78 cents USA- the USA products are all pretty expensive - or will be once current stock runs out.

I have been looking at trailers for over a year and if I had to make a decision today I would buy the aluma. Some of my goldwing friends have traliers and most of them have the aluma. They didn't go with a fiberglass trailer because they say sometimes the fiberglass will crack but the aluma won't.

• 5 months later...

i like my harbor freight and it is alot cheaper than the factory made one.. made it like i wanted it .. and by the way .. all you want to do is to haul what you want right.. take a look .. i think it is cool:smile5:[ATTACH]29247[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]29248[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]29249[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]29250[/ATTACH]