Has anyone done the Flanders bars along with the Baron risers? I have the risers and still feel like I need another inch or so. Short armed I guess. By what I have read, I am not sure that just the Flanders along will give me what I need. Has anyone used both at the same time???

Thanks in advance

SlimJim in Texarkana

If you haven't purchased your bars yet, talk with the salesman and see if you can get a set of bars that have an inch more pull back. I'm sure there are some out there that will do what you want without having to go to the trouble of adding risers. Juat a thought.:080402gudl_prv:

I have the risers, but hate the way they crunch the ignition switch cover at full turn. Plus the fairing bounces around if you don't provide some additional support. I am considering the Flanders bars. I think they are a better option than the risers.

Ponch

Which Flanders bars did you use? Do you have a model number and supplier source? Could you have used a model that brought the bars back (toward the rider) even further?

Thx.

icon1.gif

I did just the Flanders bar and it is perfect for me.

Maybe the attached photos give you an idea how far they come back.

Attached Thumbnailsattachment.php?attachmentid=23650&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1226278968 attachment.php?attachmentid=23651&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1226278968 attachment.php?attachmentid=23652&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1226278968

I took a long time to decide. I checked all of my options and went for the Flanders. It was not an easy task, it is a lot more involved then just swapping out the bars. I used Buckeye Performance for the complete kit. The kit included handlebars and brake and clutch steel lines. I also decide t use the original grips and bar end weights. The part # to the Flanders bar is 650-08763. No I did not look for a different model to bring them closer I don't like to be crowded in front of me ( that is why I did not buy a HD). Also the fairing bushing can continued to be used like the OEM bars and they do not touch anything lock to lock.

http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/images/HandleBarFlanders.jpg

Flanders Handle Bar Upgrade for the

Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Tour Deluxe

You may ask why upgrade the handle bars?

Ever go for a long ride and get that weird uncomfortable pain between your shoulder blades?

This is the answer to that issue. These bars are made by Flanders maker of the best handle bars on the market today.

They are a mirror image of the stock RSV handle bars except they have an additional 2 "inch pullback length that brings the grips ends closer to you. This relieves that pain between the shoulder blades in most cases. You will have to replace the throttle cables also.

The Stock clutch and brake lines can be used but will pull them a little tight.

Most opt for our Braided Stainless Steel brake line kit which is made to fit this upgrade.

This upgrade is not hard to do and can be completed in 1 day even with the brake line upgrade.

If you like the stock grips and bar end weights we offer a bar end weight kit that will work with the Flanders bars so you can keep the stock grips with our bar end weights that look close to the stock bar ends. Only available from Buckeye Performance.

Please email us at info@buckeyeperformance.com for a list and prices for this upgrade.

One stop shopping for all the parts that will fit your bike from one that knows for bike.

I have the risers on right now and would like to upgrade to the flanders bars at some point in time, the risers made a world of difference. I am not sure I trust me to make the change and get everything right, so it will probably be a while.

Can any one give a ballpark figure to how much the total cost of this swap is? I have

the Gen-Mar risers and they made it much better, but like the others,i don,t like the

bars hitting the tank cowl.Also,my hands tend to go to sleep on longer rides and was

wondering if this would help.I used to have a Honda Shadow 1100 and never had that

problem,but handlebars had different angle at the grips.