IGNORED

No more 99 rsv, helllo 2009 rsv!!!

GoldVenturing

Well, after a small(?) spill in front of my house that I rode away from...I got tired of looking at the dent inthe gas tank and the broken fairing so I put in an insurance claim and took the bike to the local dealer (Cal-Coast Motorsports) in Ventura, CA. Their estimate to repair the right side of the motorcycle was $7700.

To be fair, they said that they would repair everything to showroom condition, and my motorcycle had EVERY chrome gadget/gizmo in the Star catalog. Many of these pieces had tiny scratches and were still VERY useable.

Needless to say, the dollar amounts didn't add up, and GEICO totalled the motorcycle. I took the insurance proceeds and bought a 2009 model, red. The motorcycle, including a 4-year extended warranty (yes, through 2017), a 3 yr service contract (covers all recommended services, oil changes etc.), and 5 hrs of labor ($89 per hour) to put all of the sparkly trinkets on the new motorcycle for $21,000 OTD. i am thrilled and I can't wait to see how the 2009 fuel injected motor and CD player work out...oh wait....darn.

. The motorcycle, including a 4-year extended warranty (yes, through 2017),

Not trying to get in your business, but you might give Yamaha a call a verify the fact that you have a 9 year warranty. I was offered the extended warranty when I bought my 2006 RSV and thought it sounded almost too good to be true. I called Yamaha and asked them if I would be issued a separate card, or how that would be documented since the warranty issued at the time of purchase is for 5 yrs. and that is what is reflected on the card. Anyway, Yamaha said that extended warranty is not available for bikes which already carry a 5 year warranty. Again, not getting in your business, just saying.

I actually had the same thought, so I read the "fine print" before signing on the dotted line. The "warranty" is actually a service agreement that covers much of what factory warranty covers, plus towing/rental reimbursement. Not that I expect to need any of that, it's just nice to have. That item added about $500 to the deal, I know I could have gotten it cheaper if I had hunted, but it seems like a good bundle to me.

As soon as I figure out how to.. No joke. I'll get some shots up. It looks AWESOME!! Yamaha added some chrome accents, pinstriping, new wind deflectors on the lowers, and black accents on the cooling fins... Easily the best looking RSV I have ever seen. Oops, I meant to say ...owned.

Kevin