IGNORED

Mama Yama Better Get Stepping

Guest LSUBOY

You gotta admit that this is a good looking bike. Can't figure out why they did not say anything about the sound system...cause eye see an n-tenna. Whatcha think?

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/product-specifications.aspx?id=379

Looks good doesnt it? Here is a copy from the website about the sound system. Check it out

Advancing the riding comforts to the next level are the instruments and built-in radio on the Voyager’s classic automotive style console. The image is reinforced by the classic font used on the large round dials of the instrumentation and the radio that’s reminiscent of 8-track players from the 1960s.

Mixed in with the retro analog dials is a multi-function LCD display in the center of the instrument console. It’s controlled by switches on the right handle and features a gear position indicator, clock, odometer, dual trip meters, remaining range and average fuel consumption.

The intercom headset-compatible, 40W, twin-speaker audio system features a three-band (FM/AM/WX) radio that is also compatible with an iPod, a XM radio tuner or a CB radio unit. The audio system (and iPod) can be operated by an integrated controller on the left handlebar. Besides volume, the rider can adjust the bass, treble and balance levels of the system.

The Voyager also features a water-cooled alternator with rare-earth magnets that produces an impressive 48.5 amps of electrical output; enough to power add-on navigation systems and other electrical accessories that enrich modern touring. The Voyager has a convenient cigarette lighter-style power port on the dash and two power outlets under the seat – ideal for plugging in electrically heated vests.

Brian

My buddy just got one of these. http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/features/0710_crup_2008_triumph_rocket_3_touring/index.html

2300cc and boy does it have power rivals the Goldwing 1800 when another friend paired up against him on his GW the Triumph held its own. Its not a bad looking bike in black and chrome not my style but not bad.

My buddy just got one of these. http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/features/0710_crup_2008_triumph_rocket_3_touring/index.html

2300cc and boy does it have power rivals the Goldwing 1800 when another friend paired up against him on his GW the Triumph held its own. Its not a bad looking bike in black and chrome not my style but not bad.

WOW... nice! Reminds me of a Valkyrie.

Yamaha will have to either quit producing the Venture or make some major changes soon. The next round of EPA regs kick in for the '10 model year. Pretty much everything sold in the US will have to be fuel injected.

Personally, I'm expecting the 3rd Gen to be out in the tail end of '09. I'm guessing it'll be more like the 1st Gen with a version of the new V-Max engine. Frame mounted fairing and all that.

The 1st Gen was aimed at the Goldwing, Voyager, Cavlacade, and it whupped butt there. The 2nd Gen was aimed at the HD luxury cruiser market, and it whups butt there. I think the 3rd Gen will be aimed back at the Wing, and the BMW LT market, and will whup butt there too.

Or I could be completely wrong. But I don't think so.

Yamaha will have to either quit producing the Venture or make some major changes soon. The next round of EPA regs kick in for the '10 model year. Pretty much everything sold in the US will have to be fuel injected.

Personally, I'm expecting the 3rd Gen to be out in the tail end of '09. I'm guessing it'll be more like the 1st Gen with a version of the new V-Max engine. Frame mounted fairing and all that.

The 1st Gen was aimed at the Goldwing, Voyager, Cavlacade, and it whupped butt there. The 2nd Gen was aimed at the HD luxury cruiser market, and it whups butt there. I think the 3rd Gen will be aimed back at the Wing, and the BMW LT market, and will whup butt there too.

Or I could be completely wrong. But I don't think so.

Sounds good. And the Warden keeps pushing me to buiy a new one!! But she says I have to get rid of my 1st Gens..:think:

If it has frame mounted faring I am not interested.

If it has fork mounted fairing, I will be selling my '07 to get it!!!!!!!

I am betting that the bike will be released as a 2011 model year... this will clear all 2009s from the show rooms, and will build a little excitement, like the delay on the VMax did.

I love that Triumph. If they would complete it now with a fairing, audio, etc....I would have to take a long look at it.

My buddy was saying Corbin makes a fairing. I kinda like the look of the motor. My buddies is black with chrome looks sharp though I'm not a classic look fan I have to admit I kinda of like his bike and its big manly bike. Engine sounds like a jet whine no Vtwin rumble. I think he payed $13000 for it with 1700 miles. Traded fhis BMW K1200LT in for it. (Which I wanted to buy from him but the wifey sad noooooooo.:bawling::bawling:)