IGNORED

Moving foot controls forward?

It's not so much moving them forward as it is clearing the fairing to get to them. If you're uncomfortable with the floor boards you might try replacing them with stock pegs that allow your foot to point down in a more natural position.. My '91 had floor boards when I bought it. Very uncomfortable. Changed to OEM peg assemblies and it's so much better. You can find peg assemblies on Ebay, and all years are interchangeable. '83-'93

Bighack. I know the feeling but I have pegs. I'm in the process of using 5/16 plate to move the pegs down and foward a little (couple of inches). I'm 6'3" and new to the VR. Seems like my knees are higher than my hips, and after 100 miles I'm ready for a rest. If I can figure out how, I'll post photos. Doesn't look like a big job though(famous last words).

:fingers-crossed-emo

93 Venture, I will be glad to meet you when the weather clears up a bit , I live 30 mile West of Indy on I-70

Thanks for the replys, I have had some knee surguries and it is difficult to set with my knees that high when they are on the floor boards, It seems that if I could refashon the seat back back about 3" it would be a lot better cause when I set with my hind end on top of the drivers back of the seat it feels real good.

Big Hack, you might try a new seat. I'm 6'2 and my knees would hit the fairing with standard seat. Got a Travelcade Road Sofa and it seems to move me back just a bit to make it easier. I'm just 6 miles out on 74 east just inside Shelby County if you wanna come try mine. Look up my # under my profile and give me a shout. I was just a Chateau Thomas at the Plainfield exit the other night on my bike (Tuesday). Day late, dollar short, huh!

Dan

93 Venture, I will be glad to meet you when the weather clears up a bit , I live 30 mile West of Indy on I-70

Thanks for the replys, I have had some knee surguries and it is difficult to set with my knees that high when they are on the floor boards, It seems that if I could refashon the seat back back about 3" it would be a lot better cause when I set with my hind end on top of the drivers back of the seat it feels real good.

You might consider a custom seat that moves you back a bit.. I lucked out and bought a Corbin off Ebay that was built for someone with long legs. Gives me about 3 extra inches to the rear, and I need every one of 'm.. Makes a big difference..

Hi Condor, I just got a set of OEM pegs to replace my floorboards. When you swapped yours out did you have to remove that iron bar that goes under the bike that the front of the floorboard are attached to?

Thanks,

Al

Yeah Al, the whole thing needs to be removed. On the set that I had the flat stock came off when I removed the whole assembly, but I can't remember if there were any bolts attaching it to the under carriage. I don't think so, but if there is on yours take the thing off. It serves no purpose.