IGNORED

Problem with my Clairon CD layer

Guest bronson1

Guest bronson1

Hi fellow riders i need help P-L-E-A-S-E i have a 1999 RSV i have a cd player installed in my left sidebag it is about 2 years old i hade it installed by my local yamaha dealership up until august i had no problems now the cd player wont come on. I have removed my ft faring i have ckd all my connections & fuses i did not see any corosion in the connections but i went ahead and added dialetric grease but did not help.Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks alot

Tim :crying: I miss my music

I would love to be able to help but just haven't run into that problem before. You said you checked all the fuses but are you sure? You do know that the Venture has two fuse boxes, one under the left side cover and one inside the right front lower cowling. I'm not sure where the CD gets it's power from.

To be honest, most of us did away with the CD changers long ago and went with MP3 players and/or Satellite radio.

To be honest, most of us did away with the CD changers long ago and went with MP3 players and/or Satellite radio.

I agre with Don here, CD player takes up too much valuable packing space and you can get hundreds of CD's installed on an MP3 player, I dont think I would try to fix it very hard

:2cents:

I understand you said you checked all the fuses, but did you check to see if the CD unit itself is getting 12V power.

You need to check for power at the unit in the side bag where the hot wire comes out of the CD unit to make sure power is even getting to it. It may not be a fuse.

Not sure if there is a way to see any light bulbs on inside the CD unit while its in the side bag...?

an MP3 player works great....:whistling:

I had a problem once and it was the cable where it plugs into the CD player itself.

Not sure but I think that is what happened to me too. Plugged it in, hand controls didn't recognize it. Unplugged/plugged it back in a few times and now it works. probably just didn't push it in far enough.

Been thinking about ditching the cd player myself as my full face helmet doesn't fit inside the trunk now.