IGNORED

longhorn offset highway pegs

Hey all,

bought kuryakyn longhorn offset dually highway pegs 7980.

Just can't seem to get them exactly where I want them. Couple questions?

-The clamp that snugs to the engine guard. Does it make a diff. where it goes? Either facing forward or backward? My foot seems to be catching the longarm part with the clamp facing backtowards the bike.

-any torque specs on the bolts? I have tightened it to all most breaking point & the clamp is still slipping off the engine guard. (1") Maybe a piece of rubber inside the clamp??

& finally any pics of how you may have yours installed?

Thanks Gang,

Guest Saddletramp

I turned the clamp forward, away from my toe. They are mounted as low as can be on the engine gaurd. Pay attention to where you place the large washer in the clamp, it almost sounds as if it is stopping the clamp from fully closing. I like mine and have ridden 11k plus miles with them.

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends how long your legs are.......

HOWEVER for Safety sake, make sure you do NOT reduce the maximum lean angle of the bike!!!!!!!

Also I had to put a heli-coil into one of mine, as I stripped the threads out......:(

Edited by KiteSquid

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you guys know if Kury or and one else for that matter sells a longer extension for the offsets. I kinda like my pegs up higher than I can get then - even at the top of the guard. Do they make such an animal.

I can get them where I can stretch out but with the feet down more than I like.

Shep

EDITED:

OK - I think I answered my on question. I believe that these will work on our 1 in engine guards:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/0/scID/0/IMID/974

They have a 6 in arm allowing much more travel...

Shep

Edited by Shep
Solution

• 6 months later...
I'm a little over 6'2, so I like to stretch my legs!

I installed my pegs so that I can rest my heels on the floorboards. Here's what that looks like.

HTH

:thumbsup2:

Have you got some part numbers for those? Thanks.

I had to cut a shim out of a beer uhhh coke can to get those clamps to get tight enough to not slip.

On the first set the pegs would bounce up or down if you hit a bump...they would not stay where I put them. I kept tightening them clevis bolts till I got them so I could easily flip them up or down with my toe and they stay where I put them. Took a spin to check to see if the adjustment was right for me...of course it was not exactly where I wanted them but I found the clevis cracked on both sides. They were less than a week old so I got the replaced under warranty.

The new ones I have not had a problem with them.

First I put the clamp bolt to the rear of the lower fairing and angled them back so they were comfortable. The clamp interfered with shifting. I then moved the bolt to the front and got them where I wanted them or close and they interferred with my lower fairing vents. I trimmed them off so all works together.

Take a look.

No change in lean angle. I let it over easy to make sure...floor boards then front highway bars touch first.