IGNORED

Ladies recommendation for the pillion seat?

Guest Shep

We just did a hundred mile ride on my "new" 07 RSTD and my wife was miserable on the stock pillion. A year or so she had in injury to her tailbone and this stock pillion is just not going to cut it.

Ladies - what pillion seat do you find comfortable for the Royal Star Tour Deluxe?

We just moved from a C-50 Boulevard that I had Mustang seats on - and I had gone to great extremes to make sure we were both comfortable - but I don't want to go the Mustang route with the RSTD.

Any recommendation for my lovely wife would be greatly appreciated..:clap2:

Shep

We just moved from a C-50 Boulevard that I had Mustang seats on - and I had gone to great extremes to make sure we were both comfortable - but I don't want to go the Mustang route with the RSTD.

Shep

I'm not a lady, nor do I play one on TV, but I am curious: why not the Mustang route? And what do you mean by that?

Dave

I put a set of Mustang Seats on my 08 VStar Custom...much much better than stock. Not as comfortable as a RSV. I found these on Ebay for a pretty good price.

The wife now can ride 80 miles without a break then we have to start stopping about every 50 miles or an hour, which ever comes first for a 5 minute break.

Keep in mind this is pre RSV purchase. Now she is not interested in going anywhere on the VStar Custom

When we bought the 06 RSTD my wife also complained about the rear seat we bought a BUTTBUFFER with a sheep skin cover now she is much more comfortable.

I had the buffer built into my seat so it looks stock but it is also much better.

We started out with c-50 also I put the Suzuki Gel seats on that and it was much better but with this bike we are much more happy with the room and the ride

I'm not a lady, nor do I play one on TV, but I am curious: why not the Mustang route? And what do you mean by that?

Dave

Meaning that I really don't want to spend that kind of money again and possibly still not get what I am looking for. I still had to put a sheepskin gel-pad on the Mustang to get the comfort I needed..

Shep,

I can fix her seat to the point that it won't hurt her any more. But what she really needs is a seat like yours and not that smaller pillion. However I just recently did both the driver and passenger seats from a RSTD and they turned out good. And my tail bone relief in the seat should be just the ticket she needs. However if I fix hers, you will probably want yours done after you see how it feels.

I have an ad in the classified section for 2nd Gen Parts that should provide all the information you need and it will be much cheaper than a new set of seats.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1023/cat/7/date/1157932426

Let me know if I can help,

Rick

You could try adding the Royal Star Venture Pillion,or adding the whole seat I think you need both pieces anyway. It fits thr RSTD with a bracket modification (L brackets).

Its hard to tell from pictures if the Pilion for theVentur is larger than the RSTD. It looks taller anyway to me. It seems the Rick Butler can improve these as well. I plan to send him my RSTD seats.

Our RSTD came with an Airhawk seat pad that the previous owner bought. It provides some improvement over the pillion alone, but for the price I 'm glad I didn't have to buy it. The wife says it helps, but she is stilling wanting to get off after only an hour or so. Of course we are just getting back into riding after a 10 year hiatus, so there is the getting your butt used to it thing as well.

I would give the Butler seat mod a try. I'm doing that before spending more money on different seats.

RSTDdog

Edited by RSTDdog
added some afterthoughts

Shep,

I can fix her seat to the point that it won't hurt her any more. But what she really needs is a seat like yours and not that smaller pillion. However I just recently did both the driver and passenger seats from a RSTD and they turned out good. And my tail bone relief in the seat should be just the ticket she needs. However if I fix hers, you will probably want yours done after you see how it feels.

I have an ad in the classified section for 2nd Gen Parts that should provide all the information you need and it will be much cheaper than a new set of seats.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1023/cat/7/date/1157932426

Let me know if I can help,

Rick

Rick,

I have pretty much decided to have you do your "magic" - didn't know did the pillion also.

I just need to find a week-to-two-weeks that I can be without them. Now - you said, "What she needs is a seat like yours" - is that possible?

Shep

Go with Rick Butler on this. Believe you me, you will probably be satisfied, very satisfied. I am very comfortable on my RSTD now. I did the looking and replying to several E-mails and Rick was the way to go. Please have your seat done also. Make sure to give him all your information on seat hight and forward or back and so forth. He will explaine to you and he also will turn around your seat and have you riding before you you know it. The shipping cost is what surprised me. Give Rick a call.

James

We just did a hundred mile ride on my "new" 07 RSTD and my wife was miserable on the stock pillion. A year or so she had in injury to her tailbone and this stock pillion is just not going to cut it.

Ladies - what pillion seat do you find comfortable for the Royal Star Tour Deluxe?

Shep