IGNORED

Harley Davidson Trike - OEM - Tri Glide

Cerviperus

Guest tx2sturgis
Read about it earlier. Harley makes the bike then sends it to Lehman, they do the trike conversion, then goes back to the dealer and is sold as a Harley Tri-Glide. $30K+ is the price I saw.

Don H.

Actually, Lehman and Harley have been working on this for several years. And no, its NOT a conversion. It is made from the frame up as a trike. Lehman and HD engineers worked out all the particulars and the complete machine is assembled in the factory. (which factory, I'm not sure).

HD gets the rear drive and suspension components from Lehman, but otherwise builds the frame as a trike frame from the beginning. It is NOT a conversion. The frame is specific to the TriGlide, including heavier gusseting and tubing in key areas, and different steering geometry. It is a nice machine.

Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis
Is that a Victory Vision I see in the upper right of that pic?

LOL...um....oh yeah...I suppose it is. I rode one of those back in August 2007. My review as well as others impressions are buried in the archives I think.

I'm actually surprised Harley was the first to make this move.

:think: An antiquated company with forward thinking? Looks like someone is thinking 21st century at Harley Davidson. Beat the rest at a good idea.:thumbsup2: WOW on the price.:D

Been following Harley's trike project for a while now. No I won't be buying one one since I already have a good bike. :no-no-no:

I do think Harley has made a good decision on coming out with a factory 3 wheeler thou. Especialy with so many trikes now on the road and with a growing customer base it was a smart move on their part.

Haven't actually seen one in person yet but the local dealer is supposed to give me a cal when they get one in.

Larry

:think: An antiquated company with forward thinking? Looks like someone is thinking 21st century at Harley Davidson. Beat the rest at a good idea.:thumbsup2: WOW on the price.:D

If they were REALLY forward thinking, they would dump the 'air cooled' and go with 'water cooled'.

craigr

I thought that I would point out that this is not the first trike from Harley-Davidson.

Harley-Davidson made the Servi-Car from 1932 to 1973. I remember them used by meter maids for writing tickets.

In 1933 the Servi-Car got a constant mesh three speed transmission with a reverse gear.

http://www.dl45homepage.com/serviad36a.jpg

Here is one used as an Ice Cream vendor.

http://www.dl45homepage.com/1936GD.jpg

MMMMMMMMMM Ice Cream!!!!!!!