IGNORED

1986 venture exhaust

I have a 1986 venture 1300 and I was wondering if mufflers from a 1985 will fit.

I don't see why not... I had an '85 and there wasn't a lot of difference (if any) except maybe the mounting brackets might be a bit different...I can't really recall.

There not a straight across replacement. The mounting flange on the MkII's is thicker and the MkI mufflers will need to be smoozed with washers to make them line up properly. It can be done tho-. The other way around, and taking a MkII and putting it on a MkI wouldn't work period.

There not a straight across replacement. The other way around, and taking a MkII and putting it on a MkI wouldn't work period.

Actually they will work on a Mk1, but more work is needed, to trim off part of the mounts & different mounting bolts are needed too. I know this, from running the Mk2 mufflers, on my Mk1.

Actually they will work on a Mk1, but more work is needed, to trim off part of the mounts & different mounting bolts are needed too. I know this, from running the Mk2 mufflers, on my Mk1.

I understand what you're saying Paul, but they won't go on without some slicing and dicing. They're not a direct bolt on. The MkI's will bolt right on the MkII's with very little effort. Just add washers. I guess I shouldn't have said 'period'...... :)

Edited by Condor

Richard, I have a set from my '89 that should bolt right up to your '86. I have a set of macs on order, and my bike is apart for painting. (never ending story).

Anyways, the stock pipes are in good shape, and yours if you want to pay shipping. Right now, they're just collecting dust.

PM me if you're interested.

Joe.:mo money: