IGNORED

Time for some clean underwear.

Monsta

So today I'm riding to Kailua-Kona with my trailer in tow. Had to go to a meeting for the Ironman Triathlon being held here tomorrow (that's another thread...).

So I'm moving about 65 when I see from the corner of my eyes a flock/herd/group/bunch of sheep running at a 45* angle towards me! They must have broken out of their pen or something.

I swerve into the oncoming lane and the front right side of my trailer slams into one of them!! It bent my fender into the tire and the edge of it started to burn through the tire. The wheel then went over the sheep (I guess; I wasn't really looking) and I was able to get back into my lane and stop about 200' down the road at the entrance to the Big Island Country Club.

I bent the fender back (wow those are tough!) and saw that my tire was okay.

I changed my underwear and looked back to see the sheep laying in the road. I didn't bother to go back. It wasn't there a few hours later when I passed by again.

Bottom line...I screwed up. I didn't sound my Stebel. I didn't speed up to reduce their angle of "attack" nor did I slow down really. I just swerved. Basically I feel God saved my bacon today...wish he would have done something about my underwear. :whistling:

For the record, I DID NOT go doo-doo my pants. :D

Could have been a lot worse, glad to hear you have only the trailer to fix, them sheeps is large enough of an animal to cause some serious difficulties when they come in contact with a scoot. Sure shows that scanning ahead and looking for problems is and important thing to do, but sometimes even that ain't good enough, and then the angels need to help out.