IGNORED

Trip to Indiana

1 - UP

Back from my trip to Indiana. I want to thank Lewis and his wife for letting me stay with them. They are truely nice people and will go out of their way to make you feel at home.

I left Florida on the 8th of September and headed over to the turnpike and then on to US 27 north. After I left Lewis and his wife I headed up north and when I got into TN I stopped at Alvin C. York's house. I always wanted to stop and visit the home of the WW1 Medal of Honor Winner. I was lucky enough to be there when his son was giving a tour of the home.

My second night it was raining and I hate to put up my camper in the rain, so, it was motel time. I stayed in Danville, KY. Coming up from TN I had been on US 127 ALT and it was a nice road with some twisties. But, when I got to Frankfort, KY I hopped on 421 and headed up north. Boy, I swear I could see the tail lights of my camper a couple of times. It was like being on the "Tail" all over again. Just a longer ride. I stayed on 421 and crossed the Ohio River into Indiana at Madison. Madison is a very nice "older" city.

At Madison I stayed at Cliffy Falls State Park. Set up camp right nexr to a 40 foot motor coach. After I got set up the people in the coach came over and told me that they could not believe that my set up came out of something so small.

While in Indiana (Indianapolis) I attended my cousin's reunion and my 45th high school reunion. The high school reunion was my first since I got out of school. Guys, its the only place that you can walk up and look at a woman's chest and not get slapped.

(We had our name tags on with our high school senior pictures on them so we would know who we were talking to. I still think I had someone's elses picture on my name tag!)

The last of September I headed down to Lawrenceburg, IN and assisted in training Police dogs (104 teams) for a week. On October 3rd I headed home in the afternoon. After the Work Shop I was tired and realy just wanted to get home. I got down to Austin, TN where I stayed the night. I left Austin at a quarter to seven and headed home. Somewhere around Knoxville, TN I picked up a BMW, 2 up and they followed me to the Florida border. They were from Arcadia, FL and coming from Nashville, TN. I was nice to have someone follow me and to talk to when I stopped at a rest area. I got home around 9 PM Saturday night and boy was I tired. I traveled over 2400 miles, and the tirke preformed great.

I want to thank those who gave me infromation on the route I took up to Indiana, I had a nice ride.

Ken

Wow Ken, great story and pictures. Glad you could do it and it turned out so well. Thanks for sharing it with us.

RandyA

Thanks Sarges46 and RandyA. I would have had more pictures, but when your "1 - up" it's hard to take pictures all the time. I wish I could have gotten some pics when riding the twisties on 421. Who knows Lewis might have gotten back in the saddle and headed north with me. Heading to Sanford, FL this Saturday for Octoberfest for bikes. Maybe I can get some more pictures.

Ken:178::photographing:

Ken it was great seeing you when you passed thru, our door is open any time, we got plenty of room. I knew you had a nice setup for your camper but dang........thats a lot of room for 1 person, must really wear you out setting it up..........:pushups:

Seems like the older I get the longer it takes to put it up. I swear it gets bigger every time I put it up.

Ken:backinmyday: