IGNORED

Eight years later

yamahamer

This post edited by Freebird. Folks, we have adopted a ZERO policy on political threads. This was a decision voted on and adopted by the membership here by a GREAT majority long ago. We were a bit lax for a while in enforcing the rule but due to the increasing frequency of such posts, there is no more letting things slide.

The moderators here typically discuss any post before deleting it but that practice has been suspended for political posts. The moderators on myself will delete any political post just as soon as we see it or it is brought to our attention.

Please try to follow the few simple rules that we have here.

This post edited by Freebird. Folks, we have adopted a ZERO policy on political threads. This was a decision voted on and adopted by the membership here by a GREAT majority long ago. We were a bit lax for a while in enforcing the rule but due to the increasing frequency of such posts, there is no more letting things slide.

The moderators here typically discuss any post before deleting it but that practice has been suspended for political posts. The moderators on myself will delete any political post just as soon as we see it or it is brought to our attention.

Please try to follow the few simple rules that we have here.

SORRY. I WASN'T TRYING TO MAKE A POLITICAL POST JUST MORE ON GAS PRICES.:ignore:

As soon as I saw the post, I knew it would be pronounced as "terminal" and had only minutes to live! And I for one APPRECIATE keeping this stuff off the boards. It is just insane how something of a political nature brings out the worst side of so many people. I've seen it on the GWRRA message boards. In fact, I quit going there because of all the hatred being spewed by both sides. We sure don't need that here. This is just too great of a place to allow that kind of poison to enter.

Thanks Don and all the mods!

:thumbsup2:

:stirthepot:Can we adopt the same policy on religious posts?

Religion is the politics of spiritual beliefs and has a handful of parties that spar for position and to one another all the others are wrong.

I bet if I quoted the Koran or Torah I would catch a lot of flack and/or have the post deleted forthwith

So really what is the difference?:stirthepot:

"Can't We all just get along?" - Rodney King 2001

Edited by DkKnight