IGNORED

Chocolate Gravy Apple Butter Apple Pie

MamaMo

Can you tell I have been looking at recipes today? How many of us remember Chocolate Gravy over bisquits? Frogman found a website www.southernplate.com today it had these recipes and more. Already planning to make Chocolate Gravy over Homemade Bisquits. Crockpot Applebutter but will try using some of the ingredients in my momma's applebutter. Know the recipe for a copper kettle from heart 10 gal applesauce, 25 lb sugar, 2 bags red hot cinnamon little round candies, and some oil of cinnamon. Yum Yum. Planning on a bike ride with the trailer to get some WV apples. Oh and it's time for Pumpkin. Local Bulk Food store finally got the Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream in. Can we say gooood. Started buying the things I need to make my Pumpkin Cake also. For some reason September starts my I want Pumpkin and Apples to eat time. Asked Frogman about a ride with the trailer to Cool Springs WV to the little store with a resturant for apples, a nice ride. Or Maybe a real long ride to Romney WV where there are orchards. The apple hunt is on. Leaves are turning in this area already. Fall is in the air.

I'm betting Fall is your favorite time of year. Your home is going to smell so good with all those recipes. Cinnamin is such a Fall spice, isn't it?

I like to make a simmering pot of pouporri using bay leaf, cinnamin stick, slices of orange and granny smith apple on a cold and blustery day.

Brandy

My wife is from S Arkansas and has made our family this for breakfast countless times in the last 39 years. Most don't know what their missing if they dont try this for breakfast in the fall and winter. MY 2 sons 37/36 YO and my grandson think it is a must when they come back to visit and my wife (LYNN) never lets em down.

How about Tomato gravy and biscuits??? We get that ocassionally too although my wife and son like it I favor the choclate gravy.

Have a great ay all

Ramona, Yes my mom made it for us all the time, We loved it, mostly in the morning before school. Not only did she make it for us she made it for the grand kids also. I have never seen a kid that did not like Chocolate Gravy over toast or biscuits. My folks are from Tennessee and Alabama, now that may have something to do with it. Wish I had some now!

:scratchchin:

• 4 months later...